Cɦǟքȶɛʀ 4

You fumbled around with you laptop a bit. How would you reply? You literally met him a few days ago and he wants to see your face. A million thoughts buzzed in your head. What if he's a creep behind Sean's profile? What if Sean really is a creep? What if he's genuinely trying to help? You sat there for a while before typing back a reply.

Reply from (u/n)
That would be great, but.. I'm a little nervous?

You sent it. Great, You thought, I sound like a little a wimp.. 

Reply from JackSepticEye
I totally understand that, you don't have to. And don't worry, I assure you I'm no pedophile :)

You let out a small laugh and typed back a response.

Reply from (u/n)
Lol, I don't believe you are.. well, you can add me on Skype I guess, my Skype username is (u/n).

You nervously tapped your fingers on the bed as you opened up your Skype. You felt your heart racing in your chest while you waited for his contact request to come through. Your thoughts drifted to other things now. I look horrible.. what'll he think of me? You huffed. You knew very well that Sean would most likely not care about your appearance, but still, this was like meeting a friend for your first time, so you wanted to look nice. 

You quickly grabbed your new scarf and went to the bathroom to brush your hair. Why am I doing this? You thought to yourself Why do I care about impressing him? You made a face in the mirror. You always did try to look nice around Alice, maybe it was a friend thing. The thought of Alice made your stomach hurt with something you've felt so many times, desire. 

As soon as you walked back in your room to your laptop, your stomach filled with a newer feeling, overwhelming anxiety. You felt a similar experience when you first Skyped Alice, when you were trying so hard to be her friend years ago. Now that the feeling returned, you couldn't help but let your mind drift to thinking about her. 

Now that Skype was opened, you noticed the little orange notification dot over the contacts section, notifying you that you received a new contact request. You took a deep breath and accepted it. You noticed Sean had his do not disturb status up. Duh, he's a Youtuber. You thought He probably has it up for recording reasons. You sent him a Skype message.

Hey, we still have a little over an hour before the count down. Wanna wait before the call?>>

You noticed Sean's status didn't change as he was typing.

<<Sure, I was going to go eat a past midnight snack anyways. I'll contact you in about a half hour. 

You sighed in a little relief, having a bit more time to let the idea of a famous person Skyping you sink in. You got up and shut your laptop, walking out of your room. 

Since you were much more calm than before, being irritated at your grandfather making you come home, talking with your grandparents would be much easier. You walked into the kitchen, but your stomach seemed to hate you right now, resting at a dull ache. you didn't feel like eating anything, but the chocolate covered berries looked really good to you. 

"Hey, Grandma, may I eat something?" You asked, now noticing a whole assortment of food. the smell of Garlic bread came from the oven, some nice bread and butter sat in another corner, and some cheese sticks sat out with mozzarella dip. When your grandmother wanted to make something, she went all out.

"Oh, of course! You didn't have dinner, help yourself." She answered from the table. You took a plate and placed a few berries on it, along with some bread and butter. You took your plate and set it on the table, across form your grandparents.