The Queens Of Persia

Hadassah POV

Once again waking up in Xerxes chambers, I looked up to the sky sighing. Its been a year since his death. I still don't know what to do with myself.

"I miss you my love." I whispered.

"And I you my dear girl. It appears you are not wearing our necklace. I thought I said to never take it off." Xerxes spoke.

"My love it is being repaired as we speak by Hegai. I will return it to my neck afterwards." I answered.

"Oh Hadassah, how many times have you broken that clasp? I mean honestly." He chuckled.

"Only twice my love but I won't again. The first time the guards broke it after capturing me before I was brought here." I said.

"My love as much as it pains me for us to be apart don't spend your days sulking over me. The woman I married was vibrant and full of life. I will always be here when you need me. Now make me a happy man and go tell Hegai to fetch your wedding dress and crown. Arraign yourself as queen and dine in the garden where I would always find you praying. At sunset we will speak again. I didn't forget our anniversary." He said lovingly.

I laughed and did as he requested. It will feel good to be queen again just for a day. As I left the room I saw Sarah departing her own chambers.

"Good Morning my queen." She said bowing slightly to me.

"I should be saying that to you my dear. You're the queen of Persia." I said giggling.

"It is your anniversary with King Xerxes. I was just showing proper respect your majesty." She said.

"Oh Sarah stop it." I giggled again. She joined me before walking down the corridor.

We passed by Isaac's room and when he saw me he bowed as well saying, "Good Morning my queen, you look lovely."

I giggled as my children treated me like the queen knowing that was Sarah's place. It warmed my heart though. I entered the throne room where Benjamin and Raquel were.

"Good Morning, Queen Hadassah. I trust you slept well." Benjamin spoke bowing to me and the princes followed suit.

"My lord you and I both know that Sarah is queen. She is the whom you should regard as such." I answered.

"With all due respect your majesty, it is your wedding anniversary to King Xerxes. We were just showing the proper respect befitting his queen." Raquel said.

I laughed at the antics of my children. They truly made my remaining days special. I'm grateful to blessed with them.

"We have spent the past week preparing for this day. In honor of both you and him. The queen and future queen have prepared a surprise." Benjamin spoke.

I sat upon my throne and watched as portraits of every Persian queen was placed in order around the room. I smiled when Xerxes picture was brought in. Beside him they placed me instead of Vashti. She came after me.

"No place Vashti in front of my portrait. She was his wife first banished or not." I said and immediately the paintings where reversed.

"That's why I love you. Always showing honor to Vashti even though you never met her." Xerxes said.

After the presentation I returned to my room. I smiled as I ran my hands down my wedding dress. Hegai even brought my dress from the night I was chosen. The memories swirled around in my brain as I drifted off into my thoughts.

"My queen all is prepared as you have asked." Hegai said knocking me out of my daydream.

"Thank you my friend. In all my years in the palace you've always been by my side." I said embracing him.

"Its been my pleasure to serve you my lady." He said before leading me to the garden.

"I will stand by the doorway with the guards if you need me." He said leaving me to feast.

"I am here my love, waiting for you." I whispered. As soon as I had finished speaking warm air swirled through my hair in a gentle caress. My love was here.

"Hadassah my beautiful Hadassah. Even after 30 years you're still as radiant as the day you beguiled me." Xerxes spoke.

"Will you ever forget that? I told you the story because it fit with what I was reading. Even if it was the beginning of our love story." I said.

"Never my dear girl. And you dare speak to your king as such. I answer to no one even in death." He said.

"My lord I meant no dishonor." I said smiling.

"And this is how you come to see me, your only adornment before your one night with the king." He chuckled.

"My love, oh how I have missed you." I said continuing the playful banter.

"Have you?" He said smirking.

"Now what is that supposed to mean?" I said before giggling. I could see Hegai out of the corner of my eye smiling at me. He knew I was talking to Xerxes.

" Hegai has become rather fond of you over the years. I can see how much he adores you. He was the one who mentioned you to me the night we first met. Told me all about your reading from the harem. I asked him to bring you. He never said your name though. He chose the night I would spend with you before our wedding." He said.

"I never knew that he spoke to you about me." I said stunned.

"He spoke about you for months leading up to you becoming queen. Hegai has always been the closest to me besides Memucan." He said.

"It was still your choice my love. Yet you still chose me, why?" I asked.

"Hadassah you were what I needed to rule this empire successfully. Without you we would have fallen on hard times because of my pride. So in essence besides being the love of my life, you were the backbone of Persia." He said.

I smiled at his words and hid them in my heart. After a few more hours in the garden I retired to his former chambers. I prayed as per usual before into pure slumber.

"God bless the queens of Persia." I mumbled.

Hey loves I apologize for not updating so quickly. I'm aware that Xerxes talking to his children and wife might seem creepy but its necessary. He is guiding them against mistakes he made in life. He has become the guardian angel for their family. So don't be surprised if he speaks more throughout this story. Until next time.........

- Queen Liv