The Threat Comes From Within: Benjamin Vs. The Princes

King Benjamin POV

Months have gone by since the funeral of my mother. Sarah and Raquel have been working together to ensure that her legacy lives on. They spent time in Israel during Purim and took the young princesses with them. Isaac has been taking on more governing roles in the provinces while I stayed in Susa to keep the peace. Michael and Gabriel have been spending a lot of time at the training grounds with the Immortals. They said they wanted to be prepared if an attack happened so they could protect their sisters. I must admit I was pleased to hear these things. Reminds me so much of how I was and still act with my own sister.

"Your Highness, there is an urgent message for you." Hatach said entering my bedchamber and handing me the letter.

Your kingdom will fall into our hands. Mark our words the end of Xerxes bloodline is near.

The first line read but what I read following was quite interesting. It was a message written by the scribes for Hegai.

Benjamin,

Just like during the reign of your father, King Xerxes the princes have plotted against you. The prior message was found in Teresh chambers. I would advise you to review the fourth year of your father's chronicles about Admantha. He did something very similar and was only discovered to be a traitor by Haman. Something he had known about since the banquet when Vashti was banished. He used this information as blackmail to gain the power and prestige as prince. I say all this to reiterate that not only one person is behind this and just like I was there to aide your father in discovering the truth I will be in the shadows helping you as well. Hatach was always the only enuch besides myself your mother trusted. I am sure you are aware he was her childhood best friend and also Jewish. He may be able to guide you like Mordecai had with your father. Please burn this letter after you have read it in its entirety.

Your faithful servant,

Hegai

"Hatach please destroy this and bring me the chronicles of King Xerxes, more specifically his fourth year." I said handing him the letter.

"Right away, Your Majesty." He said carrying out my instructions.

I walked out onto my balcony and looked up at the sky. I silently prayed for God to grant me wisdom and for my father to lead me in this matter.

"I am here Benjamin. I know what is going on and I will help you." Xerxes spoke.

"Thank you I really need it." I replied feeling the warm air surround me like an embrace.

Moments later Hatach returned with what I asked for and I sat down at the desk in my bedroom. I watched as the pages flipped to the exact date in question. I knew my father had done this.

"Admantha is my brother and at one point the closest person to me. He felt threatened by your mother in more ways than one. He wanted me to marry Misgath so he could basically gain control through her naivety. I did not find this out until much later of course." He said.

I read the pages containing the heinous acts of my uncle Admantha and how he was even behind my father and Vashti getting divorced. Haman tricked him into a fake apology with Memucan in order to set him up to take the fall for a few guards being killed. Admantha was tortured for weeks until he finally confessed and was swiftly decapitated then impaled on a stake for all of Persia to see. Apparently this was also around the time my parents started becoming distant in their marriage. I knew that part of the story already.

"So Father, what should I do? Do I send Teresh to be tortured or wait until he attacks me and my family?" I inquired.

"My son you don't want to move rashly so they become alerted to your knowing. Let Hegai gather the evidence you need and then summon them in court. I know that Teresh isn't the only one who wants my throne that you sit upon. Also ask Sarah when she returns to go and pray under the stars near the lover's gate. Your mother said it's how Mordecai would inform her of things and that whatever your wife says to you afterwards to follow. I have no idea what she means by that but listen to her. She never lead me wrong as you are aware." He replied.