Time To Heal: Revelations Of The Future

King Xerxes POV

I woke up this morning beside my wife. As much as I would love to enjoy this blissful moment, I have to head to the library. I hope after my talk with Isaac that my family will be on the right path again.

I walked through the dark corridors on my way to the library. I pulled out my chronicles from the shelves. Turning to the very page in which his marriage to was written. The day he swore to become future king.

"Prince Isaac, your majesty." Hegai spoke.

"Enter Isaac. We need to talk about your role." I said bidding him to sit at the table.

He slowly walked towards me with his head held down as if he was nervous.

"Are you afraid of me, Isaac?" I inquired.

"No, your majesty just remembering protocol." He said.

"My son, I do believe that after the monarch's permission to enter has been extended protocol is no longer in  effect. Besides this is an informal meeting between a father and son." I said sitting behind the table.

He sat as well and looked up at me. His eyes indeed shown fear. He could only view me as a king because of how he was summoned. Noticing this I removed my crown and placed it beside the sceptre on the table. Which was his signal to remove his crown as well.

"Now, how are things with you and Raquel? Any problems we should discuss? Are the children well?" I queried.

"Raquel and the children are perfectly happy. I am away most of the time with Benjamin for state matters but when I return I devote all my time with them." He said truthfully.

"And how is being a Prince of the face? Any reservations?" I asked.

In that moment I saw the flash of nervousness return. He was still afraid just like I had perceived prior to my return.

Prince Isaac POV

I squirmed in my seat lightly as he watched intently awaiting my reply.

"I would say it's going as expected." I said.

"As expected? What does that mean exactly?" He rebutted.

"I should hope Benjamin is pleased with how I handle my duties in his absence. I understand the severity of his position as king." I replied.

"Do you?" He questioned but I got the idea that was a loaded question.

"I am not sure what you mean by that." I answer truthfully.

"Isaac, you swore on your wedding day to become a prince of the face and someday future king. I've been watching you and honestly you hate being reagent when Benjamin is away. You told Raquel repeatedly that if he was to perish that you wouldn't be fit to be king. That she would reign without you. So again I ask do you understand your role?" He said sternly.

I felt like a chastised child. Here was my father in law reprimanding me because of how I had let him down. He was disappointed in my actions.

"I apologize sincerely." I said solemnly.

"My son, blood doesn't make you any less than my heir. I proclaimed you to be king. I know that it is an impossible task to bestow upon you but I have faith in you. If I didn't you would not have married my daughter. Isaac, the reason why we are in the library is because you need to see the kings of the past and present on these walls. Every piece of their history is recorded. Spend time here until you build up the faith in yourself to be a great king." He said and then promptly left the room.

I looked round and saw what he meant. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. Everything I needed to know in order to successfully govern Persia was in the Chronicles of every king. Not wasting another moment I began with Xerxes.

Hadassah POV

I walked in from the garden to see Xerxes leaning against the doorway. He smirked at me knowing why I was out here.

"Why do I always know where to find you when you're praying? Forever in Mordecai spot." He said shaking his head.

"Maybe I miss my uncle, my love. Or maybe I remember when we would pray together for Persia and this makes me feel like he's still doing so." I said walking past him.

"I have spoken to our sons and got their heads on straight. Any other request of you, my queen?" He said following me to his chambers.

"I still don't understand how you knew about these things anyways." I said.

"I always listen when you pray, it's habit. Besides I asked for the chance to come and speak with all of you." He replied.

"Well thank you for not only speaking with the children but providing me with closure. My heart has healed to believe you truly do love me as much as I love you." I spoke.

"Always have and I always will." He said.

As night drew late, we as a family enjoyed dinner and sang songs. This has been the best holiday season for me after 5 long years. Perhaps in time I too shall depart this Earth and watch over my children like Xerxes does.

I know that I have hidden my health from them for some time. I can't bear to hurt their hearts with my growing frailty. Let us enjoy these wonderful moments because my time has come.

Hey loves,

So the healing process was necessary because well it's time for our dear sweet Hadassah to depart.

This will not be the end of the story just yet. After her departure we shall glimpse at how Sarah will hold the family together.

I appreciate the love and support on this book as a whole and I will tell you now that there will not be a third book.

Until Next Time........

-Queen Liv