Another Heir: Raquel Visits The Physician

Prince Isaac POV

Benjamin and I were in the royal library reading casually. We spent many mornings like this since the royal women were still in Israel. They would be arriving at midday today. Although it was against Persian tradition for the queen to stay behind without her king. Hadassah had agreed to play the role of queen since we knew Xerxes was there in spirit.

"Isaac, my dear brother what do you say to a quick ride?" Benjamin inquired.

"I think I can fit that into my busy schedule." I respond with laughter.

He also laughed and led the way to our stables. The royal horses were kept away from military ones. As usual Benjamin mounted the king's horse. Every reigning king before him rode it. I will someday as king myself.  We set off for the lake near the palace. All the while laughing like children.

An hour later we arrived and set up temporary camp for lunch. Of course Harbona and Hatach were with us and the Immortals. Hegai was with the ladies.

"When I was 7 years old, my father would bring me here to watch the sunset over the palace. I would always wonder why. Now I understand. Ectabana is just another hour away from here. So he could look left and see Susa or right and Ectabana." Benjamin said.

"The summer palace? Has the royal family ever been there since Vashti?" I inquired.

"Of course we went often as little children but we haven't since I married Sarah. Father didn't want to make the trip." He said.

"Well why don't we go this summer. Its spring time and we could show the children. I'm sure Hadassah would love it." I spoke.

"Not a bad idea my brother. Although it needs redecorating in the queen and prince's chambers. I wouldn't dare touch my father's room." He said.

"Of course out of respect for our mother. She loves Xerxes. Hatach please inform Hegai of our request once he arrives." I said and Hatach nodded in agreement.

After another hour by the lake we head back for the palace. I'm anxious to see my wife.

Princess Raquel POV

I'm currently sitting with the physician in Israel. He turns to me with a huge smile on his face. My suspicions are correct. I am indeed with child. Our second one in so many years. Isaac will be thrilled.

"Are we ready to depart my ladies?" Hegai asked.

We nod and enter our liters for home. The closer we got the more nervous I became. What if he isn't thrilled about this? I mean we never discussed another child. I still have to tell him. The trumpets blared our impending arrival. Soon enough I spotted our boys and husbands waiting on the stairs.

Sarah took off running first at the sight of Benjamin. The impact of her embrace sent them tumbling to the ground. He laughed heartedly at his wife as she kissed his entire face. Mother was next and she soundly each grandchild and the boys. I waited until they retreated inside to approach my husband.

"Raquel, sweetheart is everything alright?" He asked noticing my distraught face.

"Um Isaac we need to talk. Its not a bad thing but very important." I said as he led me inside.

"Well what is it dear?" He inquired.

"How would you feel about another little one of our own?" I queried.

"Darling what kind of question is that? I love you and would love our new addition as well. Are you pregnant?" He asked.

"Yes I am, my love. Found out before we left." I said and he immediately swept me into his arms.

Spinning me around with the most joyous expression ever on his face. I laughed at his antics. I seriously worried for nothing.

"I can't wait to tell everyone the great news. We're going to be parents again. I love you so much." He said placing me back on my feet.

"I love you too darling." I replied.

Hadassah POV

Hegai has just informed me about the trip to Ectabana this summer. Renovations were being done to the queen's chambers. I would of course be in Xerxes old bedroom. Benjamin refuses to touch them out of respect for me. I wish he would take over the official king bedrooms but he won't.

I have also been informed of Raquel's pregnancy. Another grandchild to love. This family keeps expanding as the years roll by. I'm nearly 50 years old. I'm not sure what's next for my days in the palace. I spent 25 years as queen. I wish I could go back to 17 and start over. That's when I married Xerxes. A 16 year old frightened young woman in a year became a mature woman fit to be royal.

Destiny is funny like that. I didn't really want to be queen. God knew I needed to be for the sake of my people. In my obedience came a healthy marriage blessed with wonderful children.

"Father thank you for such a wonderful life. Thank you for allowing me to know true love. Thank for my beautiful children and grandchildren. Thank you for my wonderful husband. Thank you for making me queen. I'm truly blessed and humbled to be your servant. Its an honor. Lead me through my days I have left and fulfill my entire destiny and purpose. Help my children and grandchildren to fulfill their destinies and purposes. Allow my legacy to live on forever as it is wrapped in the legacy of Xerxes. Again thank you for everything. Amen." I finished praying and looked around the room.

So many memories would remain in these very walls. Memories of love, life, hapiness and sorrow. Memories of Xerxes one of the greatest kings in Persia.

"My love oh how I have missed you." I said.

Soon enough I felt the warm breeze and knew that he was here. A smile graced my face whenever I was in his presence.

"Have you?" He said.