The Return Of King Xerxes

King Xerxes POV

"Please just let me go back for a while. My family needs me. They're drifting apart in their marriages and their children's lives." I said to him.

"Very well, I'm giving you two weeks before you return to my presence." He said glowing brighter than the morning sun.

"Thank you, that's more than enough time." I said walking through the door.

I looked around at the beautiful countryside. The palace glimmering in the early twilight. I made my way inside and down the hall to my bedchamber. Hadassah should still be asleep and I want to see her first. Slipping into the bed, I gently wrapped her in my arms. I watched her, waiting patiently for her beautiful eyes to open.

Hadassah POV

I woke feeling someone's body next to mine. It's probably one of my grandchildren. They tend to sneak in my bedroom in the middle of the night. Rolling over I ran into a hard chest. The scent very familiar to me. It smelled of my beloved husband. Yet I know there's no way he could be here.

I nuzzled further into the chest. As I listened the heartbeat accelerated to match my own. If this was a dream then I was not going to wake up. I missed lying in his arms but when I heard a deep chuckle, I immediately reached up to silence it.

"My dear girl why are you fondling me?" He asked.

"Because my love I've missed you. I wish you were here with me." I respond.

"Who says I'm not here?" He inquired.

Hearing those words I opened my eyes. I was staring back into his beautiful blue ones. He smiled warmly and I blinked to make sure I wasn't hallucinating.

"Oh my gosh, it can't be!" I exclaimed.

"Don't tell me you forgot your husband? I haven't been gone that long." He said.

"No, I'm stunned is all. You are really here. Oh my gosh." I exclaimed again.

"I always return for what is mine." He said placing a sweet kiss on my lips.

"Xerxes, oh my love I can't believe this." I spoke through tears.

"Believe it my queen. I'm home for the  next 2 weeks." He said.

"Oh wait until the children found out. Benjamin is going to flip." I said rising from the bed and tying my robe.

I left the room going down the hall to my son's. I knocked before entering. When he saw my smile he kept inquiring what was going on but I gestured for him to follow me.

Entering our bedroom once again. I stepped aside so he could see his father. The expression upon Benjamin's face was priceless.

"Are you going to stand there or greet your father my son?" Xerxes asked.

Almost like a young child Benjamin ran into his father's arms weeping tears of joy. Their embraced warmed my heart. They were always so very close.

"Father, it's so good to see you. I really hope you are pleased with how Persia is in your absence." Benjamin spoke.

"My son, I'm more concerned with you and Sarah but if you must know I'm very proud of the king you've become." He said.

Soon all the children came into greet Xerxes. Their pure unadulterated elation was everything to me. Tears and laughter rang throughout the room. I slipped out to find Hegai.

"Hegai come quickly. I need your assistance." I said turning to the direction of my family.

"Right away, my lady." He said following.

"Announce me to the king, please." I said smiling knowingly.

"Of course Your Highness." He said before entering the room.

"My lord, the Queen Mother has........." He trailed off seeing Xerxes face.

"Hegai it's so good to see you." Xerxes spoke.

"King Xerxes, how can this be?" He asked stunned.

"I am only here for a couple weeks. I appreciate you looking after my queen for me. I always knew you were rather fond of her." Xerxes replied.

"Hadassah has always been someone I respect and admire. I will always be there for her as I was for you." He stated.

"So father does this mean you're king again temporarily?" Benjamin asked.

"Well that's up to you and Sarah. It's your throne now." Xerxes answered.

"I think for the time we are here in Ectabana you and mother should resume your reign. Sarah do you agree?" He asked his wife.

"Most definitely. I am honored to pause my reign for the greatest queen in the history of Persia." She said bowing to me.

"Then it's official. From this moment on Sarah and I will be the Crowned Prince and Princess of Persia. This of course does not affect Raquel, Isaac and our children." He said passing the sceptre and signet ring to Xerxes.

"Your Majesty the crowns are still in the jewel room of the treasury." Hegai said to me.

"You've kept our crowns?" I queried.

"Royal tradition dictates that every former monarchs crown and jewels be kept in the jewel room." He replied.

For the first time in years I was arraigned as queen and my crown placed upon my head. We sat in the dining hall together enjoying a family meal. These are the moments I missed most. The only person I wish was here to complete it was my uncle Mordecai.

Prince Mordecai POV

Seeing my family gathered together was truly a blessing. Xerxes had returned to them for a short time.

"If you want to go back as well let me know." His voice rang out.

"You would allow me to see my niece again for a short time. My Lord I am truly grateful." I spoke bowing in reverence.

"Yes but please wait until tomorrow to physically see them. Let them enjoy Xerxes for a while." He said.

I was more than okay with waiting. I will give it a few days then appear in the palace. Of course since Xerxes has reclaimed the throne, I will be his Master Of Audiences again.

This was going to be the best holiday season yet for the Royal Family.

Hey loves,

So Xerxes had returned and now Mordecai will appear. I can't wait to write more on this family reunion. I might even bring back Memucan.

Now before y'all start tripping, realize this is a story. I can do whatever I want and I honestly missed writing about Hadassah and Xerxes love. They were so cute in the first book.

Anyways stay tuned for the next chapter. It's the holiday season and I am going to shake things up.

Until next time.............

-Queen Liv