Chapter 13

Chapter 13:
The second we stepped out of the hotel doors we were met by a limo and driver to take us to the hotel. We slipped into the back seat of the expensive car and just stared at our surrounding for a while, completely in shock.
"This is a little nicer than the soup kitchen" Sam says after we both finally break out of our shocked spell. As the ride progressed i continuously got more and more nervous at the prospect of the night. Sam and I would have to be the perfect couple while also making Lauren so seethingly jealous she explodes; it sounded simple enough until we were actually in the position to pull it off.
"You ready littler?" He asks as we get out of the car at the entrance of the nicest restaurant I've ever seen.
"No, but we've got no other choice" I say with a nervous smile which he returns.
Sam slips my hand into his huge one and we make our way into the doors of the high class establishment.
"Hello my good fellow, I believe the reservation is under Jauregui?" Sam asks in a smooth accent and I try my best to hold in the snort if laughter I want to let out.
"Oh yes of course sir, right this way" the stout man replied before leading us through the restaurant out to the huge balcony which over looked the city; the view was beautiful, but it had nothing on her.
Our eyes met over the tables of people sitting in candle light and I felt myself start to get light headed at her beauty. She wore her hair up and make up to make her her eyes sparkle like crazy in the candle light. And although Sam held my hand and his other was at the base of my back guiding me to the table and Normani was whispering something in Laurens ear, we were the only two on that balcony and I had never been more in love with her.
We finally got over to them and sat down, chairs scraping the floor to fill the silence.
"Well, Lauren, Normani this is my boyfriend Sam" I introduce them and he politely takes Laurens hand and shakes it, but as Normani held out her hand he took it lightly in his and kiss the back of it.
"The pleasure is all mine" he says looking directly into Normani's eyes and I quickly kick him under the table. It worked as he dropped her hand and leaned back, putting his arm around the back of my seat.
"So, it's nice to meet you Sam. How did you and Camila meet?" Lauren asks, her eyes never leaving mine across the table.
"Well I was studying last year and of course she was working across the road in the cafe. Her face caught my attention right away and I knew I had to have her, she's not at all what you expect." He says smoothly and I wonder where's he's going with his bullshit story.
"Not at all" Lauren says softly, her green eyes boring into mine. I tell myself I should really look away, try to compose myself but her gaze was smothering, my heart was racing and she a substance I was hooked on.
"So I asked her out in the most polite way possible. A dozen roses and the promise of a fun filled night which she swiftly excepted. We fell crazily in love from the first date didnt we princess?" He asks looking down at me. I looked into his eyes and I couldn't hold back a cheeky smile as he beamed at me.
"Yes we did baby" I reply before our lips collided.
In all honest, I loved Sam. He was the nicest guy I knew, but he was the polar opposite of what I find attractive. His lips were not Laurens and that's all I could think about as we planted sweet kisses on the others lips. I pulled away giggling, trying to portray I was hopelessly in love and we both turned to see the girl I were trying to impress seething. It seems she was a jealous person by nature, her white knuckles gripping the table and clenched jaw showing as she looking in almost physical pain to see out performance play out.
"We moved in together after about a month, we literally couldn't get enough of each other. That summer we flew to Africa to spend three months there, building an orphanage in a small village near the coast. But when it came to leaving, our heart were too invested in the children we were helping. It felt as if we had 100 children of our own" he says chuckling as I play along, giggling at his joke.
"So we stayed, not thinking about the consequences. Our flat was repossessed, we outstayed our leaves from work so eventually we got fired, but we didnt mind as long as we stayed in the village. Yet all dreams must come to and end" he says with a sad voice and I try to mirror his mood.
"Our visas expired and we were deported back here, without any money leaving us on the streets" he finishes and I can see Normani's face etched with shock.
"That's such an amazing story" she breathed out in disbelieve, staring at Sam as if he was a superhero of sorts.
"Well you know, it was all about the children" he says staring right back at her and I want to break out in laughter at how stupid he's being but I can't, so I look to Lauren. She was just staring at me with those green eyes in silence but I knew what she was saying. She never was one to use her words excessively, but her eyes did all the talking she needed.
"You're not happy" they screamed at me, but who was she to throw me such glances? My eyes flicker from her to Normani who was now in a heated discussion with Sam over something to do with Milan fashion week and back to her, hoping I got my message across.
"You're not either, but she's still here" I shouted at her in my head and I see her biting her lip in contemplation as she lowered her gaze. I felt triumphant as she looked down but it was short lived as she gave me another look. One that I've seen before; one full of adoration and love. As if she was saying "you don't know how beautiful you are" and I can't help it that my heart cracks a little as her eyes dance over the skin of my face. I look down at her hand, the hand that was tangled with her girlfriends on the table which burst the bubble we were in.
I looked up from their laced fingers with a sorrowful look, and she knew what I felt in that moment.
Dinner pasted by the same way as it did before our stare-off; Sam making up amazing stories about how we'd spent lazy weekends off in dockland cities and exploring the streets of towns blissfully in love. He fed them lie after lie, all the while slowly turning Normani to mush and Lauren into a pent up doing of jealousy as she imagined Sam and I loved up feeding each other ice cream at some pier on a sunny Sunday. She squirmed visably in her seat every time I kissed his cheek or called him a pet name she longed to be reserved for her until 11p.m approached us.
"Laur was actually thinking we could go to her club since its only down the street?" Normani asks as we all finish our meals off.
"That's a brilliant idea! Camila really is quite the dancer, aren't you baby?" Sam asks with his eyes pleading, obviously ecstatic with the idea of a slightly drunk Normani in such a close proximity to him.
"I love a good party" I say staring right at Lauren and she just looks back before speaking.
"Well what are we waiting for?"
___________________
It was too crowded, too stuffy yet oxygen was the last thing on everyone's minds. The beat of the music shook my rib cage as I swayed in the wave of sweaty people. Drink after drink had been poured down my throat trying to forget the aching feeling I got when she kissed her in front of my face. Those lips weren't hers damn it. She was mine, no one else's. I felt a body press up behind me.
"Just me" Sam whispered in my ear as I positioned myself with my back to his front. I caught her eye as she danced with Normani, there bodies tangled together as they moved to the beat of the song. I kept eye contact, not daring to let her get away not knowing what she was missing.
"Play along" I whisper into Sams ear and snake my arms around his neck, pulling his front to my back impossibly closer, all the while keeping her fierce gaze. I could see her eyes turn to challenging as Normani started to kiss her neck, but all her attention was on me.
I started to rock my hips back into Sams, tugging on his hair as his hands guided my rolling hips into his. I bit my lip, staring her down.
"This is what you're missing" I scream with my eyes as Sam starts peppering my neck with kisses and she buries her hands in Normani's hair, grinding on her harder.
I respond the same, grinding harder into Sam and I throw my head back as he sucks on my pulse point strongly. I look back towards her, but she's gone as Normani dances alone. I stop my movements, wondering where she's gone before a hand pulls me from Sams embrace through the crowds of people. I was pulled up a stairs and down a corridor into an office and slammed up against the closed door as green eyes pierce into mine.
"What the fuck are you playing at Camila?" She growls at me as she pushes her body into mine. My hands find her hair instantly and I tug on her hair making her growl out a moan as she rolls her hips into mine.
"You're mine, do you hear me?" She whispers in my ear possessively as my hands snake down her back and squeeze her ass pulling me further into me with every swipe of her hips.
"His hands all over your body, his lips on your neck, it's not fucking allowed do you hear me?" He hisses into my ear and I pull her back to look into her eyes.
"Since when did you have any say in how I'm touched?" I ask as her eyes bore into mine, we're so close her hot breath is blowing onto my skin and our noses our touching, bodies still flush against each others.
"You've got a girlfriend and I've got a boyfriend, you're nothing but a friend" I say as I see the jealously and raw anger fade from her eyes as they melt into a familiar gaze of love, of passion and of adoration.
"Don't say that" she whispers softly as her hands find mine.
"We'll go home, You'll sleep in a bed with her and ill sleep in a bed with him. You'll wake up to her face and ill wake up to his because this is the way we've chosen it to be" I whisper back as our foreheads gravitate towards each other.
"But I want to wake up to you. I want to take you home and fall asleep with you and wake up with you. It's always been you" she says softly and lowers her gaze but our foreheads stay pressed together and our fingers still tangled.
"But you're still with her"
"And you're still with him" she shoots back and we stay in silence until I see her calm down.
"I didn't mean to get so angry, Im sorry. I'm sorry for hurting you in every way I have in the past 3 days." She says softly before tracing my cheekbone with her delicate finger.
"Do you still love me?" I ask and she looks me dead in the eye.
"I love every inch of you" she whispers and I gulp down the emotions swirling around inside me.
"Break up with her and prove it" I say before slipping out of her embrace, my body screaming at me to return to my previous position but my brain told me to keep going.
"But I love you..that has to mean something" she whispers and I turn back to see her gaze on the floor, her voice cracking with vulnerability.
"It means the world Lauren, but the way I love you is not worthy of being confined to being a rushed affair on the side. I'm not a second choice, I am not an alternative. I am in love with you, but I will not be compromised. I want all of you, and there's no way in hell I'm sharing you." I say as our gaze never breaks.
"Ill wait for you" I finish finally, slipping out of the her office and down to hoards of people dancing below me.