Chapter 33

Chapter 33:
"You must be Camila" The broad looking man says with a fake smile that doesn't reach his eyes. He's surrounded by men in suits similar to him and I try to read their faces but they're all free of expression.
"Depends on who's asking" I snap back, knowing I shouldn't trust these people at all. He smirks and looks up to see a nurse nod at him and he returns his gaze to me.
"We've a lot to talk about Ms.Cabello" he says slyly and holds his arm up.
"After you"
I tentatively start walking towards the nurse who leads us through the corridors and stops outside a black door. She unlocks it and signals for us to enter, which we do.
The room itself its small, with a table and four chairs surrounding it. I was sat down on one side of the desk as he sat opposite me with one other man much smaller than him, and the other men stood around in the same stance. My heart was hammering in my chest and my hands were shaking as I tried to keep a blank expression on my face.
"Well, lets not skirt around the elephant in the room,shall we?" He asks with a smile only an idiot would trust and takes some papers from one of the men standing.
"It seems you and our client Ms.Jauregui are one of our messiest cases to date..." He trails off, keeping his eyes on the papers.
"7/4/13; you two were reunited in Chicago after an intended permeant separation" he says in a monotonous voice.
"14/4/13; a outsider that had wormed his way into our system tampered with our original protocol to please a Grace Lombardi, who's intentions were to kill you"
"23/4/13; you're taken from your flat you share with Mr.Sam Howard and held hostage in a warehouse...you can guess the rest" he says, eyes still reading the papers.
"And finally 8/11/13; you and Ms.Jauregui are both reported missing after we reapply our plans to keep you separated by telling you she was dead...and today, we find you here" he looks me dead in the eye, his sickly pale and bloodshot eyes piercing mine.
"Now, I've got a job to do; keep the drug trade at a simmering level in this country so we don't attract attention; not run after horny kids who suddenly decide to travel around the country!" He snaps and I swallow a lump in my throat.
"Do you fucking understand how much trouble and stress you have caused me? I nearly lost my job because you can't just stay away from her"
"I love her" I say calmly, as if that answers everything. And in my world it does. This stupid government organisation or distance or even a faked death could keep her and I apart because love is bigger than that. It's fucking huge, it's like black ink standing your thoughts and actions and words. Decisions you would have made out of love are now altered when you fall in love, boundaries you were convinced are permanent are now frail and almost stupid. Some things change for you, and you notice that some stuff you prioritised before you met the person you fall in love with arent all that important. To me, she's my everything. Rules were pointless; if I had to break them for her I will in a heart beat. I don't expect this man to understand, I don't expect anyone in this room to get it; but I did. I knew what I wanted, what I needed in life more than anything and that was her.
"Ohhh, you love her!" He says excitedly but It's obvious he's belittling me. "Hear that boys? These two cuties are in love! Oh well that changes everything" he says with an irritating voice.
"You didn't even tell me your name" I snap, shutting him up.
"Just call me Crent"
"Crent? What type of name is that?" I shoot back and he raises his eyebrows at me.
"You'd want to watch what comes out of that little mouth of yours sunshine" he says venomously as he points his finger at me.
Silence rings through the room and I keep my eyes on the table in front of me, not wanting to let my guard down.
"We've got Markus here develop and plan a new course of action that will be taken seriously and will not be disrupted by anyone, is that understood?" Crent asks sternly and I only stare back with a clenched jaw.
"You fucking deaf or something?!" He shouts and I shake my head.
"Just tell her Markus" he snaps.
The gangly man beside him pushed his glasses up his noise and ran a hand through his messy hair before starts talking.
"Well, although we included you in this operation, originally we planned just to protect Ms.Jauregui. So, we're going back to our main concept and we're going to put Lauren into hiding, and you will continue to live in Chicago with Mr.Howard. Lauren doesn't have a permeant living space there anymore so she will not return back there with you once she is well enough. I've booked a flight that leaves 4pm tomorrow for you to Chicago and-"
"Wait what?" I interrupt him. "No, you don't get it..." I start as lay my hands on the table. "Im not leaving her. I love her, and we're not going to be separated; we'll just find a way back to each other" I almost growl.
"I had a feeling you'd have this attitude..Lauren will now have a body guard 24/7 and will live in a different continent once her health is better. She'll return to America for may of next year when Mr. Howard and Ms.Hamilton are having their wedding-"
"Wedding?!" I shirk and most of the men flinch back. "Sams getting married?!" I question with shock laced in my voice.
"Well yes, we rang Mr.Howard to explain the situation and insisted Ms.Jauregui was in attendance for his wedding. We guaranteed permission on the basis that he would keep you housed and within the U.S for the foreseeable future." Markus explained and I nodded.
"This plan will continue until 2032, then we assume you two will be safe; but you still won't be permitted to know her location or contact details"
He finished.
"And that's it? You think you can just tear us apart again?" I ask.
"Oh I don't think; I know, sunshine" Crent threatens over the table and I'm left speechless.
"You can stay with her tonight, but you're out of here 2pm tomorrow and no later" he snaps and get up, my heart beating in my chest as the bitter anger hits the back of my throat. Who was he to keep me away from the only person I've ever loved?
"Fuck you!" I scream before I register what I said. Words start falling from my mouth without filter and I know this will have it's consequences but I didn't care.
"You don't fucking get it! This isn't something I can just switch off or forget about" I say, searching frantically with my eyes from man to man, hoping to find a gaze that told me they understood but I was met with stone cold faces.
"She's my everything" my voice cracks but I keep going. "There's nothing left for me if I don't have her..please don't do this" I say trying to hold back a sob but it escapes on the last word. As I looked around the room, not one man was brave enough to stand up for me, but I knew Lauren would. And I realised if they did this, I'd never find someone like her.
No one spoke as one of the men lead me back to Laurens room. He told me he'd be back in the morning to bring me to the airport and that someone would be guarding the corridor all night incase we tried to get away. I swallowed a lump in my throat knowing I only had one night with her and I had to make it count. I wouldn't be bitter that Im losing her but content I had her, that I loved her with so much of myself I'd never be the same again. I'd remember everything about her and study her until I could recall every inch of her anatomy. I knew what I wanted to say and do, but most importantly I just wanted to be with her. Her and I, even if we only got one more night.