Chapter 31

Chapter 31:
We finally arrived in New York, and as I was ready to just sleep for the next 3 days she was hyperactive from her excessive sleeping and the side affects of her medication; it felt like I was babysitting a 9 year old on crack.
"Look at the buildings baby!" She shouts as her nose presses up against the glass of the window.
"Laur, put on your seatbelt" I tell her to which she does at lightening speed so she doesn't miss the world flying by the window.
"First time in New York?" The taxi driver asks with a smile and I sigh happily as she tugs my hand and squeals.
"Is it that obvious?" I chuckle as I catch his eye in the rear view mirror.
"Well I wouldn't have guessed if she didnt look like a kid on Christmas morning" he laughs and I can't help but laugh too. The medication to relieve her pain seemed to be working great, it's just the side effect I was worried would wear her out.
"Almost there" he says and I nod with a smile before turning to Lauren.
"Babe did Maria tell you much about this hotel?" I ask as she turns to face me with a face splitting grin.
"Apparently it's super duper fancy and there's a pool I wanna make out in" she says happily and my eyes widen in shock as a grin grows on the drivers face. "And we've got the fanciest room since the bastards in the PLND are paying" she said giddily and I can't help but smile at her overly enthusiastic actions.
"And we've got two bathrooms with a bath in each and free food!" She says grabbing my hand as the taxi comes to a stop. She opens the door and pulls me out as the drive runs to the trunk and takes out our bags. I pay him as he gives me a smile in return as he hops back into the car. I turn back to Lauren to find her staring up at the tall building in awe.
"Holy shit" she says a bit too loud as people shoot her filthy looks.
"Lauren!" I half yell and she turns to look at me.
"Hmm mm" she starts to make her way over to me and snakes her arms around my waist.
"You're great" she says as she studies my face. "I really really like you"
"I like you back, I suppose" I smile as she plays with my hair.
"I can't wait for our dateee" she sing songs and I wrap my hands around her neck. She lends in to kiss me but I turn my head so her lips find my cheek.
"Baby.." She whines as her lips travel down my cheek and flutter across my jaw.
"We've only been on one date, I'm not letting you kiss me that easy" I say but I struggle to keep myself in check as she starts to suck on my neck.
"Lauren.." I trail off as my eyes roll back into my head and I try to keep in a moan. Her hands sneak under my top and her nails lightly scratch down my warm skin as she sucks harder on the slope of my neck.
"But I want you so bad" she husks in my ear but I push her hips back and send her a smirk knowing I had her wrapped around my finger. I picked up our bags and made our way into the hotel, making sure to swing my hips as I felt her eyes burning holes into my back.
I stop at the reception desk and start to check us in, but as I'm talking to the stressed woman behind the desk I feel a body press flush up against my back and my eyes go wide as I wonder what she's trying to play at. Her soft hands find their way under my shirt again as I stutter out replies to the woman.
"So you'll be checked out by 11 tomorrow?" She asks and I can only nod as I feel hot kisses slowly being planted on the back of my neck; im going to kill her.
"Excellent, here's your room keys and the restaurant is open until 10 if you'd like to have dinner here. You can also call down to reception and have a taxi called whenever" she smiles and I try to return it but it probably turned into a grimace as I try to hold in a moan. I quickly grab the keys off the desk and pick our bags up and almost run to the elevators and press the buttons with force. I didn't even need look behind me to know she was following since her giggles were atrociously loud because of her drugged up state; obviously over excitement wasn't the only thing the medication inflicted.
The doors of the empty elevator swung open and I suddenly get pushed in as the doors close and my back meets the far wall of the elevator.
Her hands are all over my body, her eyes are all over my skin and my heartbeat is a drum in my chest as she pushes her body flush against mine causing me to moan without my brains consent.
"Looks like I'm not the only one who wants this" she smirks cheekily as her fingers glide through my hair and she starts to slowly grind her hips into mine.
"Fuck the date" she almost growls and I literally stand there dumbfounded as this whole new side of her comes out; just when I thought she couldn't get any sexier.
My eyes dart from hers to the buttons to see we've got another 59 floors to go. She starts to put more pressure into her grinding as her lips find my neck again and my grip tightens on the bags I was holding knowing my knuckles were probably turning white at the pressure. I keep my eyes wide open and trained on the closed doors of the elevator trying to ignore the way she was touching me and sucking my neck and-
Suddenly I feel her start to fumble with the button of my jeans and I knew we couldn't do this; or at least not here.
"Laur baby, stop" I say as I put down one of the bags to stop her.
"But I want to..." She trails off with a pout and I can't help but laugh.
"We're in a elevator" I smile at her hurt expression as if her puppy just ran away.
"You don't like me" she says more as a statement more than anything with a grumpy expression and turns away from me. I let out a sigh, still tired from all the traveling we'd been through and I wanted nothing more than to curl up next to her and sleep.
But I had to cheer up the moody 7 year old I was in love with. The doors swung open and she stomps out towards our room, but stops suddenly when she realises she's got no idea where she's going. I stifle a laugh and gently take her hand, interlacing our fingers before pecking her cheek.
"I love you, a lot" I smile at her and I see her taking her bottom lip into her mouth and biting it, obviously trying to hide the smile about to burst onto her face. I tug her hand gently, guiding us to our room and open it as my jaw hangs open; it was the nicest room I've never been in.
She pulls me into her and quickly throws me over her shoulder and walks my through the huge apartment like room.
"Lauren!" I yell at her as she softly throws me down on the bed and climbs her way up to me, keeping her gaze trained on me.
"...we've got to get ready" I say nervously as she positions herself on top of me, her face hovering over mine.
"Like I said..." She whispers in my ear, her voice husky making a shiver run down my spine. "Fuck the date"
In one swift motion I had flipped her over and I watch as her eyes grew wide and a cheeky smile formed on her lips.
"Are we really going to do this? Right now?" I tease in her ear and I bite her earlobe. "Because I was thinking..."
I trail off as my hand makes it's way under her shirt to her abdomen, making its way up to her abs.
"We could maybe do it in the pool.."I start to kiss down her neck. "Or the shower..." I make my way to her jaw and I hear her breath hitch in her throat. "Or here's fine too" I smirks and brushed my lips barely overs hears to which she realises a frustrated moan. My hand travels further up her stomach and across the bandage wrapped around her upper torso to find it to be wet and sticky. My eyes shoot open and shock and I pull my hand out of her shirt to be met with the sight of blood on my fingertips.
"Lauren" I said on the verge of freaking out. Her eyes were more of sadness than panic as I looked up to meet her gaze.
"It happens a lot" she sighs as she runs her hand through her hair.
"Im going to get tired really fast; I'm sorry Camila I-" I cut her off by pressing my lips against hers. I know an action like that has been shared between us a lot, and by many others who walked the earth. In that second I bet hundreds of other couples were in the same position but what made this kiss so special was that it wasn't really a kiss. It was body language speaking for itself, letting her know I didn't mind taking care of her because that's what I'm here for.
"I love you" she breathes out against my lips and I smile.
I pull back and kneel down in front of her, looking into her eyes seeking permission to pull up her top. She nodded and I slowly raise the material to expose a blood stained gauze wrapped around her stomach.
"Laur.." I say softly, shocked at how much blood there is. "Why didnt you tell me?" I ask sadly as I entwine our fingers.
"We're in New York, I hardly wanted to bring up my profuse bleeding" she says sarcastically but I can see her in eyes it's already starting get to her, the fatigue taking its tole as her eyes get heavy.
"Lauren, this is serious" I say sternly. "We need to get you cleaned up" I say more to myself as I get off the bed. How do you do this kind of thing? She was always the person to clean up my wounds but here I am, on the brink of a panic attack as she lies on the bed needing me more than ever.
"My bag; there's stuff in my bag" and mutters through hooded eyes as I quickly move to her bag and rummage through to find another bag filled with the content of a small hospital. I lay it on the bed and run into the bathroom to grab towels and water before bringing them out to the bed too.
I open the bag and take out scissors to which her eyes grow wide.
"Do you trust me?" I ask her and she nods quickly.
"I promise ill take care of you" I say softly and direct my attention to the blood stained gauze. I slowly start to cut it until I'm able to slowly slip it off her and I'm shocked to see what I find.
A huge wound sat in the middle of her stomach, looking like something out of a horror movie with messy stitches holding the healing wound together. I dont know how long I was just staring at it until I hear a sniffle from the girl below me.
"Hey" I say softly noticing her silence tears. "Please don't cry baby"
"It's so ugly" she sobs out, unable to hold in her obvious crying anymore "im disgusting"
My mouth flew open and I took her hands and lifted them to my face, kissing them desperately.
"You're beautiful Lauren" I say hoping she actually opens her mind to grasp how much i really mean that. "I mean it. I can't even get the words out of my mouth to describe how beautiful you really are, and I think if I showed you how just plain perfect you really are you'd up and leave me and go to things that you deserve, things that people like you should do. You've got beauty in your blood and your words and your thoughts; and a scar like this is just another perfect imperfection" I look into her eyes to see sadness, but I see love too, and that's all I can ask for. And the thing is, I could sit here all day and try to explain to her how beautiful she really is. I could write pages and pages of words until my pen runs dry and my hand aches just about her and I wouldn't have to worry about her becoming big headed or pompous because it just wasn't her. But it was also her to not know just how amazing she is, and it was just another reason I loved her.
I quickly cleaned up the blood and reapplied the gauze before I helped her take her medication. I changed her into a baggy t-shirt and shorts then helping her back into bed.
"Are you hungry babe?" I asked as I finish clearing up everything and change myself. I look over to the bed wen I get no answer and she's curled up, cradling a pillow as she mumbles something in her sleep. If it was anyone else id be mad that it's only 9 o'clock and we didnt even get to explore New York, but since it's her ive got everything I want to see right here.
I climb into bed and turn on the television, quickly choosing a movie and sliding in beside her as I replace the pillow with my body, her head finding the crook of my neck and her legs wrapping around mine. I try watching the movie but my mind always brings me back to her, not wanting to tear my gaze away from her. She was so fragile as this point and I watched her back rise and fall with every breathe, my heart skipping a beat when she's slow to take a breath in or exhale. I wanted to cry as the pain in my chest started to become suffocating as I thought of all the things in the world that could hurt her, one of them being me. I was the one who caused this, so I swallowed my emotions and promised myself right there and then that I was never going to late anything hurt her ever again; it was the least she deserved.
"Im sorry for doing this to you" I whispered into her hair as I take in a shaky breath. "I meant what I said...if you knew how perfect you are you'd leave me. You're the kind of girl who deserves a huge house on the beach with a massive bed and a view people paint on canvases that sell for millions. And most importantly you deserve happiness, that smile shouldn't ever be off your face." I swallow a lump in my throat knowing there's no guarantee I can give that to her.
"And I know this isn't going to be easy from here on out...ill probably get too stubborn sometimes and you'll get stressed, but I don't want it any other way. I want 5am fights just so I can kiss the pain away. I want to agree to disagree and to have to fight for this so when it's all over and I crawl into bed next to you I know it's all worth it; I know I'm in the right place with the only person worth fighting for. I want you and me...forever. And forever sounds a little big and scary" I chuckle out as I sniffle back tears. "But when you're involved nothing's really that daunting. Forever with you sounds a little too short to me" I smile and kiss her hair softly.
"I love you" I whisper, not wanting to raise my voice incase I break her. "I love you I love you I love you" I repeat over and over, trying to portray in words the emotions in my chest are making me feel.
"Camz?" I hear croaked out from her softly.
"Yeah baby?" I ask tentatively.
"Will you be my girlfriend?"
A couldn't help but pull her closer as she kiss my neck once with a feather light touch.
"..forever; be my girlfriend forever" she finishes and I kiss her hair again.
"Only if you'll be mine" I answer and I hear her sigh out contently.
"I'd really like that"
"Goodnight laur"
"Goodnight Camz"