Chapter 6: Almost Getting Ripped To Pieces By Vampires

When we went inside we saw a couple of hundred vampires, who were waiting to pull apart our limbs. It was and understatement to say that I was scared, I somewhat pissed in my pants from fright. Alec and Max were afraid for all of us, because they think they're the ones who need to look after us. Jace was cool as always and Clary and Izzy were more afraid for Simon and us than for their selves, I don't know if it's brave or stupid. Clary spoke first "please, we mean no harm. We only want our friend Simon back." "Who the hell is Simon" some vampire asked. "Simon is the rat your holding." "Wait this isn't Elliot" another vampire said. "No, how could you mistake me from that rat, I'm not brown. I'm a blue rat, seriously how can you mistake me for that?" The vampire I assume is Elliot asked. I laughed, I just couldn't hold it in. Clary and Jace looked at me like I was crazy, but the vampires looked at me shocked. I guess they aren't used to a shadowhunter who likes their jokes. But I find them quite funny. The vampire named Elliot grinned at me, and bared his fangs. I think he expected for me to shrink back but I just smiled at him, that caused him to look at me like I was a zoo animal. But I think according to them I am a zoo animal. My train of thought were broken when I heard Clary speak again. "Please, just give us Simon and then we will leave". That caused the vampires to laugh and one of them said "you can only come out of this hotel if our leader allows you too". I felt my breath hitch in my throat. So we can only get away if the leader says so, that's just great. "Who of you is the leader?" Jace asked them. A vampire walked forward and said "I'm the leader of this clan, what can I help you with?" Wait a minute, I recognize him. He's the handsome, Hispanic, with beautiful brown eyes, Spanish speaking, sweet vampire who I met at my dads party. "Raphael Santiago" I murmured under my breath, I thought I said it in my head. But they all heard me. The Shadowhunters looked at me like I was a stranger. Probably they wondered how I know the leader of the New York vampire clan. Everyone looked shocked, but the worst stare was from my twin Max and from Alec, they were not only shocked. But they were also furious and pissed and I saw the betrayal in their eyes. It's not my fault somebody tripped me and I fell into his arms. Not that I didn't like it, it's just not my fault. "Oh look, there is Sophie. How nice to meet you, again". He said with a smile who was meant only for me. I could feel the butterflies in my stomach twirling, damn it not now stupid butterflies. I guess his voice has that effect on me. I couldn't handle the stares anymore so I explained how we knew each other and then they didn't looked shocked or betrayed anymore, just surprised. So I asked Raphael "so, do you let us go or what?". He laughed and I don't know why, but he thought it was funny. "Oh beautiful, your not going to get out so easily", he responded with a grin. I didn't like this grin, it gave me a weird feeling and not a good one. I tried again, "please just give us Simon and let us go, I mean we don't do you harm or anything. Even if we wanted to we can't because it would be plain stupid to fight a hundred vampires with only us six". "No can do, princess". The rest happened in a blur. The vampires ran forward and I tried to take Simon but he could handle himself. He bit *Raphael's* -no scratch that I'm going to name him vampire leader now- finger which made him swear in Spanish, I didn't understand it but it was quite funny to watch. But that's not my mayor problem. Then the werewolves stormed in through the windows. The vampires stopped and the vampire leader said angrily "what are you doing here, this is our territory and this situation is not your concern". "Well actually it is, we are here for the girls and the boy". The werewolf answered. "Which one, there are three girls and three boys". The vampire leader said a bit annoyed while rolling his eyes. Even if he's annoyed and rolls his eyes he's so handsome. No Sophie, don't think like that. He wanted to kill you and your friends. Damn it, I'm really turning into a crazy teenage girl. Those stupid feels, I broke my daze by shacking my head and listened to what the werewolf has to say. "We're here for Clary Fray and Sophie and Max Bane". Wait since when am I a Bane. Well that's a question to ask to my dad. The vampires stopped and the vampire leader looked at me cautiously, as if to weight his choices to see if he could kill me or not. Eventually he spoke "I'll let you go, but only because of Sophie". Then there was a pause which was a bit long if you ask me, but maybe I am the only one who noticed it. "And Max, because they're the children of Magnus Bane and we don't want the high warlock of Brooklyn trying to murder us". I don't know if the end of his words are a joke or he's being serious but hey they don't rip me apart to pieces so I'm okay with it. When we left, with Simon in my hand. I turned around by the front door of the hotel only to see the vampire leader looking at me through the window at the first floor. When he sees that I'm looking he smiled a real genuine smile and waved. The smile made my heart melt and I wanted to stay mad at him for trying to kill us but I just couldn't do it. I smiled and waved back, before I headed of with my friends to my dads house. I guess I can call him Raphael now instead of the vampire leader.