Chapter 15: Where's Jace?

I called Raphael and asked him if I could come. He said yes and I was at the hotel, probably ten minutes after the call. He waited for me in the main room, when he saw me he smiled really big and walked over to me and picked me up while spinning me around. He let me go slowly and pulled me in for a sweet kiss, it lasted a minute or so but kissing Raphael is the most amazing thing ever. We talked about the wedding, and I asked him "hey, what if you went with me. You know to the wedding, It would be so much more fun with you around. And Simon will be there, together with Clary, Izzy, Max and Jace. And of course Alec and Lydia, I don't know if dad comes maybe I should invite him. You know to stop the wedding. I think Alec is making a big mistake. He loves my dad, I just know it. He's just scared, I'm rambling aren't I?" He chuckled and said "yes, but I think it's cute when you ramble". Which makes me blush, and he took his thump and moved a strand of my hair away from my eyes. He went on "I would love to go to the wedding with you". "Really? I didn't think you like shadowhunters?" I asked him. "No I don't, but this wedding is important to you. So it's important to me". He told me with a cute smile on his face. I was so happy, he wanted to do something he doesn't like only because I like it. I smiled real big and told him "your the most amazing boyfriend ever". Then I kissed him on the cheek. He got a mischievous glint in his eyes and said "ah babe, you missed me". I giggled at the word babe and kissed his nose. "You still missed me". I kissed his other cheek, then his head, then his eyes and he kept saying "you still missed me". Eventually I kissed him on the lips and he rolled us over and deepened the kiss, And of course on that moment, my phone went of. "What do you need" I asked the person groggily on the other end of the line. Apparently it was my cousin Clary. "Whoa, Soph. If I knew that you were this cranky than I wouldn't have called". I felt sorry so I said "I'm sorry Clary, it's just I was busy". "Yeah, and with busy you mean sucking your boyfriends head of". I blushed like a maniac and Raphael could hear it because of his super hearing and blushed too. Then she went serious and told me that they didn't know where Jace is. "Don't worry Clary we will find him. Even if we have to tear whole Brooklyn down". She laughed and said thanks. I hung up and asked Raphael "hey, do you mind to help us with looking for Jace?" He looked as like someone told him to go watch Victoria's Secret model, but when he looked at me and saw how torn up I was that Jace was gone he said yes. I smiled and said thanks and hold out my hand to him, he took it and we went to Simons room. I threw the door open and saw that he was still asleep. How can he be still asleep when it's eight o'clock in the evening. I turned around and signaled Raphael to be quiet, he did and watched me with cautious eyes who also held a little curiosity and amusement. I cautiously walked over to his bed, careful not to wake him up. He looked really cute and peaceful when he is asleep, it's time to wipe that look of of his face. I jumped on his bed and screamed "help, Simon help. They're going to kill me". A little bit over dramatic I know, but I could hear them laughing from downstairs. He woke up real fast and he looked real scared. He jumped up and then he saw me. He held me at my wrists and pushed me behind him. He showed his fangs, when he only saw Raphael standing there laughing his ass of, he looked over at me. I couldn't hold it in anymore and I just let it go. I fell onto the floor laughing, I could see that he was really mad. When we weren't laughing anymore I stood up, Simon looked me into the eyes and said "why?" "Because Jace's missing and we need to find him for Clary" I answered him. "That's your reason for giving me a heart attack, by letting me believe my new family tried to kill my baby sister", aw how sweet. He thinks of me as his baby sister. "Aw, Si that's sweet. Your my big brother too, and no that's not the reason", I told him. "Then what is". "Well, you looked so peaceful and cute and I just wanted to let you wake up and I thought it was funny". I said in a really small voice. I looked to the ground, then I heard him sigh and then he hugged me. "I love you baby sis". "I love you to big bro". And of course Raphael needed to interrupt our sweet moment. "How sweet this little reunion is, we need to find your little shadowhunter friend". "Yes, we're coming", Simon and I said at the same time. We walked behind him and when we were at the front doors of the hotel we stopped. "Why did we stop?" I asked them. "Well, not to offend you or anything but your way too slow". Simon said. "Ouch, that hurts bro". He rolled his eyes at me and Raphael turned his back to me and bend to his knees. "Come on, climb on my back then we get there much quicker", he told me. I jumped on his back and yelled "come on horsie, can you get any more slower?" He laughed and began to run, we were at the institute three minutes later. Clary was waiting for us and smiled when she saw us. I jumped of of Raphael's back and run to Clary and hugged her. "Look, there's my most amazing female cousin". She laughed and said "I'm your only female cousin". "Yes but you're my favorite one". I told her while grinning. She laughed a bit and let us inside. I saw the gang, dad and Max. I went to the gang and hugged them all, but my dad and Max didn't saw me there, so there was one more thing to do. I walked to them without them seeing me, I crept up behind them and hugged them and screamed "did you miss me" really loud. They were so scared, it was amazing. Everybody who saw it was laughing really hard. Our gang minus Jace, went inside a room. "Alright, what do we know about Jace" Alec said. Way to go Alec, we're in this room for less then five minutes and he already went to the serious question. "We could track him?" dad offered. Then my phone went off, I saw it was Luke. "Sorry I need to take this". I went to the corner of the room and picked up. "Hey Luke, what's the matter?". "Hey Soph, well I just wanted to tell you I found Jace". Phew, I was so relieved to hear that my cousin is alright. "Where is he?" "He went to fight in a werewolf pub called 'full moon'". Seriously Jace, we all are super worried about you and thought you were dead and you're just fighting werewolves in a werewolf pub. "Alright thanks Luke we're coming, see you in a bit. Bye". "Bye Soph, see ya". I hung up and went back to the gang. "And, who was that", Clary asked. "Oh, that was Luke". "What did he say?" Izzy asked. "He said he found Jace fighting in a were wolf pub". Everybody was gone quiet and looked at me like I'm crazy. "Well, what are you looking at. Am I transformed into some rare kind of animal?" "No no, of course not. You're beautiful, It's just why would he fight at a were wolf pub", My sweet boyfriend told me. "I have no idea, but I'm going to find out", then I walked out of the room and Clary followed. Raphael needed to do vampire stuff together with Simon, Izzy needed to prepare Lydia for the wedding, Max needed to prepare Alec for the wedding and my dad went home.
We walked forever till we were at a small alleyway, with at the end of it a small café. I looked up to the sign and read "full moon". "Alright this is it, you coming?". I asked Clary while turning my head to look at her. She nodded and we went inside. I saw a lot of werewolves inside, they looked a little bit intimidating. It probably looks like that because of their faces, damn. Don't werewolves know how to laugh? I went to a werewolf who stood at the bar and said "hi, I'm Sophie and I was wondering if you know where Luke Garrowway is?" He looked at me like I was crazy. "Is there something wrong?, am I not allowed to ask you things? Otherwise I'll just look for him myself, anyways thanks for your time". I wanted to leave, until he touched my shoulder and opened his mouth to say something. "My name is Alaric, are you Sophie Bane?". "Yes I am, it's nice to meet you Alaric". I told him with a smile and I offered him my hand. Till my surprise he smiled back and took my hand, and said "it's nice to meet you too, you're not like the other shadowhunters. I will take you to his office". "Thanks, yes I know. I was kidnapped when I was three by my step-uncle and he experimented on me so I've got downwolder blood. And I was only raised as a shadowhunter with my twin brother till we were five, then our parents died and we lived with Jocelyn and Clary and the rest of our life's we lived as a mundane". He looked shocked and when we were at Luke's office he hugged me, it was awkward but it was okay. I hugged him back and then he disappeared, we needed to wait till they were done, so I talked with Clary. "Hey Soph, I need to tell you something". She asked a little awkward. "Sure, shoot". "Well, me and Simon are dating". Holy fucking shit, is this really happening? I looked at her, to look if she meant it or not. She was completely serious, so I jumped in the air and screamed repeatedly "yes, yes, yes, finally. I've waited for this for eleven years". "Finally one of my ships has sailed", she was embarrassed because everyone was looking at us. Luke opened the door and ordered us inside. I started talking "So Luke, I see you've found Jace". "Yes, I did". "Well can I have a word with Jace?" I asked him. "Sure" he replied. I went over to the chair that stood in front of Jace and sat on it. I slapped him in his face. "Ouch Soph, that hurts. Was that really necessary? Where was it even for?" "That's for not answering your phone or telling me where you are and for letting me believe you were dead", I told him. "Aw, you care about me". He said in a baby voice. "Of course I care about you, you idiot. What were you thinking, you just woke up and thought it would be a good idea to go fight a whole pack of werewolves?" He looked at the ground and mumbled something only Clary couldn't hear, wait how I can I hear that? Oh well, it must be a werewolf/vampire thing. He mumbled "I couldn't believe Clary and I are family, I love her and I just needed to hit something". I knew how hard it must be for him, especially now I know that Clary and Simon are dating. So I dropped the anger and walked over to him slowly and hugged him, he hugged me back and we sat there for a few minutes. We broke apart after we heard a terrifying scream, I ran outside as fast as I could which was pretty fast with my new speed. I saw a little boy, well little he was at least fourteen years old. I pushed threw the mob of people and crouched down next to the boy. I tried to find a pulse but I felt nothing. He was dead, I looked at Alaric and the rest and they looked so sad I just cried. They looked at me weirdly but I didn't care, I could only think about the boy. He lied there dead with his eyes open, it was awful. And disgusting, how can someone do that to a child. He was so young, he had his whole life ahead of him. Jace and Clary tried to comfort me by saying that it was going to be alright, I was only becoming more angry. So I snapped at them "what the hell guys! No, it's not going to be okay. He's dead, a little boy is dead. And I know your going to say things like 'we will report it to the clave, they will do something' but every living soul on this earth knows that they don't care. It's not someone of the Nephilim, so they just don't care. We can't let the one who's responsible for this walk out freely, we need to do something". All the werewolves looked at me impressed and glad that I just stood up for them. "We need to go to my dad's place, he definitely knows something that can help". They nodded at me, I turned to the werewolves around me and said "I'm so sorry, I just. I'm so sorry, but I need you to know that I'm going to find the one who's responsible for this. And if he crosses paths with me, he would wish he wasn't born". They were touched and they all said thank you. I turned around and walked with them to the institute, apparently Alec needed us, I have no idea what it's about. But I would gladly help a brother out.