1

Skylar's POV

"Bree and I will cover uptown, Kaz, Oliver, and Skylar, you guys check downtown." Chase declared. He agreed to go with Kaz's 'uptown, downtown' plan.

"Okay, I'll use my super speed to check the streets. Chase, you use your bionic eye to look in the buildings." Bree agreed.

"I guess we'll do the same." Katz shrugged.

"Um, Kaz? You don't have a bionic eye..." I reminded him.

"Oh! Right. Oliver and I will just fly around then. No biggie." He smiled.

"Um, yes biggie!" We have to fly around without drawing attention." Oliver shook his shoulders.

"That shouldn't be a problem. It's not like you guys get any attention. Especially from girls." Bree smirked. I gave her a high-five, then laughed.

"Very funny. Let's go before it gets dark." Oliver rolled his eyes. We made our way to the hyper lift, then out the elevator.

We were not wearing our mission suits because Douglas needed to adjust them.

I supersped through the streets, then I halted to a stop when I almost ran into a group of kids. As I stopped, I tripped forward. I was about to slam face first into the concrete, but I fell on someone instead.

"Hey! What's your problem?! I'm trying to walk here!" They yelled. That voice is way too familiar.

"Jordan?!" I almost yelled.

"Connie?!" She imitated, dusting herself off.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Doing where?" She crossed her arms.

"Here!" I gestured everywhere. "This general vicinity!"

"Immersion trip." She shrugged.

"Skyar?!" I turned around, and saw the face of someone I wish I would never see again.

"Alan?!— I mean, who's Skylar?" I awkwardly scratched my neck.

"Yeah, why'd you call her Skylar, Alan?" Jordan asked.

"Oh, you know... just a nickname I gave her." Alan laughed nervously.

"But there's no S, K, Y, L, A, or R in her name." She rose an eyebrow.

"Well, uh— what are you doing here, Connie?" He quickly changed the subject.

"Well— I uh—" I got cut off by a presence next to me.

"Gus!" I gave him a big hug.

"I missed you, Connie!" He hugged me back. "Wait— I want you to meet my brother." He left me, and disappeared into the crowd of people.

"Just be careful. Every time his brother walks in public, people stop and stare." Jordan rolls her eyes.

Then Gus walked out of the crowd with someone following behind.

Dayum. This guy is easy on the eyes.

"Connie, this is my brother, Graham." He gestured. I couldn't stop staring...

"Sup." He nodded.

"So, Connie, what brings you to this fine establishment of Centium?" Gus asked.

"I—" I got cut off by a gust of wind. Bree.

"Hey, Skylar. We checked the entire perimeter but no— well hello." She quickly stopped when she saw Graham.

"Wait. Are you one of those bionic people?" Jordan scoffed.

"Yep!" Bree flashed a smile.

Jordan groaned. "Just to get this off my chest, you bionic people annoy me to death. With all these "powers" people are going to want to build research facilities, which would cause the destruction of animals' homes, and pollute this Earth."

"Okay... Anyway, Skylar, we need to head back now." Bree said slowly.

"What's with everyone calling Connie, Skylar?!" Jordan threw her hands in the air. "Is there something you guys are hiding?" She looked back at us.

"I— um—no?" Why did Alan have to be so obvious. Bree shook her head.

"So you wouldn't mind if we went over to your place for a bit?" Jordan tapped her foot.

"Oh we'd love to but—" I got cut off.

"Skyl— what are you guys doing here?" Oliver said in surprise.

"Immersion trip." Gus smiled. Aw, I miss my little Kakai-Rata-Hee-Haw-Mwuaak-Floopy-Pa-zoing.

"Okay, well great seeing you, and hopeweneverseeyouagain." Kaz said the last part really fast.

"Wait! I was just asking Connie if we could stay at your guys' place. Everyone keeps calling her Skylar—" she got cut off. What's with people with rude manners?

"Except me." Gus interjected, making Jordan roll her eyes.

"Anyway, I was asking her if we could stay over so we know you're not hiding anything from me. You know how I feel about secrets." She glared at Kaz.

"Oh—uh—." Oliver was interrupted again.

"Only if Mr. Cute Guy over here can stay too." Bree looked at Graham dreamily. Jordan rolled her eyes and nodded

"Then of course you could stay." I stepped up.

Oliver sighed and led us to the building.

Eeeeeeeeeeekkk

Yaaaasss I love Elite a Force

Pls comments and vote🤖