8

//Recap

"You think Graham is evil?" Bree asked.

"We need to get down to Headquarters." Oliver said. Before we called the hyperlift, I used my super speed to move Gus and Alan upstairs. I quickly returned, and we went down the hyperlift.

We got to the bottom, and there was a figure on one of our holographic desks.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Bree yelled at him. The figure turned around and smirked.

"Horace?" I gasped.

//Present time

"What are you doing here! I thought you died!" I exclaimed.

"You seem a little too happy saying that sentence." He said.

"Well what are you doing down here?" Kaz asked.

"I was, um, checking the List." He said gesturing to the digital folder.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because my memory of the List seemed a bit... foggy." He smirked. I was extremely confuse. All of a sudden a dark cloud of smoke spun around us. I looked back at Horace, and he evaporated and turned into a dark cloud.

"He's not Horace!" I yelled.

"Obviously. Horace could never evaporate. If he did I would've wished he did that more often." Kaz said. The black cloud that was once "Horace" joined the larger one that was circling us, then clouded our vision. All of a sudden I felt drowsy. I stumbled a little, then fell to the floor. Last thing I remembered was darkness consuming me.

I woke up and had a pounding headache. I was able to regain consciousness, so I looked around. We were in an all-metal box. The roof, floor, and walls were metal. All there was, was just a TV on the center of a wall. Leo, Chase, Oliver, Kaz, Bree, and Adam were still unconscious on the ground.

I started shaking them in hopes of getting them awake. When I shook Adam he sat straight up. He immediately groaned then grabbed his head.

"Ow! So this must be what a hangover feels like." He groaned. Shortly after, the others woke up. They were all groaning due to the headaches.

"Where are we?" Bree stood up.

"I don't know. It looks like some kind of prison." Leo said.

"It looks like the subterranean cells we have on Caldera." I said.

"We need to get out of here." Chase said. Adam walked up to one of the walls and punched it.

"Ow!" He yelped. He caressed his fist.

"Our powers or bionics don't work." Bree said.

All of a sudden the TV turned on. There was a hooded figure.

"You silly kids. Your powers and bionics don't work in here." They had a voice modulator.

"What do you want?" Bree asked.

"Nothing at all. You are just an obstacle in our plan to destroy the superheroes. " They said.

"We?" Oliver asked.

"Yes. There are more. Against you, you would be outnumbered. We are not going to take the chance."

"Why? Are you scared?" Bree crossed her arms.

"No. But you would." They said.

"We can take a little competition." Chase growled.

"Oh, really?"