Chapter 5: Saturday

Knocking pulls him from his slumber. At first, he has forgotten all about the marriage and living with Beth, until he takes a deep breath and remembers. The knocking continues and Daryl finds he doesn't even have time to stretch. Heading to the door, he opens it up a little agitated that she is pounding on his door at 7:45.

"What?" He says and notices her face go red as she turns around.

"We have a thing today...get dressed and...ppput that away." She scurries off down the stairs before he can say anything. Looking down, he realizes he's fully erect and in just boxers.

Act like ya never seen a dick before.

Grumbling, he continues with his morning routine and gets dressed in a denim button down shirt and a pair of jeans and boots. When he gets downstairs, nobody is in sight. No Beth. Heading to the kitchen, he finds coffee in a cup and a small plate with a toaster pastry on it, but it doesn't look like the ones from a box. Shrugging, he sits down and starts eating the pastry and feels as if he is going to die from how flavorful and rich the raspberry filling is with the frosting. His mouth is watering as he eats it.

This is by far the best pastry I've ever had in my life. Which bakery did she get this from? Hmmm....

"Enjoying yer breakfast?" She takes him away from his fantasy of more pastries and his eyes widen when he finds her in a beautiful pink and white sundress and quirky wedges.

"Which bakery is this from? I think I'm gonna die." He says neutral and Beth seems saddened by the comment.

"Is it really that bad? I knew I added too much filling to cream ratio." She pounds her fist into her palm and almost makes a mental note.

"NO! You made this?!"

"Y...yeah." He stands up and goes to her. Grabbing her by her shoulders, he shakes her a bit and she is trying to process his reaction.

"DON'T. CHANGE. ANYTHING! That was the best thing I've ever eaten!" He stops shaking her when he sees her sweet blushing smile.

"You really like it?" Slowly he slides his hands down her arms and lets go of her altogether.

"Obviously...Damn, my wife can cook." He says and that makes her blush even more. It's so odd for both of them to hear their new titles. "So what are we doing today?"

"Well, I have to fly to Miami for a conference, so I figured you could come and when they're done we can go sight seeing."

How considerate. I didn't think she'd want to do something like that. It's kinda like a honeymoon I suppose.

"So pack an over night bag."

Oooo maybe this is our honeymoon. That could only mean... oh yes! This is why men get married. So you don't have to work so hard at getting laid.

(Not how marriage works)

It took them a few minutes to get all ready and they got out the door and down to the garage when Daryl realizes that he is actually leaving Georgia.

"You okay?" Beth says as she unlocks her Jeep Liberty. They get inside and she turns her head to him.

"I just...never left Georgia before. Never been on a vacation." Neutrality keeps his voice even. This probably isn't a vacation, just an invitation, but it still means something to him.

"Oh...really? You never went anywhere? Not even camping?" She is purely shocked. She thought a handsome resourceful guy like him would have at least gone camping before. Now she feels bad because she didn't really intend on having a honeymoon or vacations. She was just being nice.