Chapter 7: The Angel's Vest

Rolling over onto her back, her eyes slowly open and the shimmer of light through the crack in the blinds warm her. As she stretches, twisting and contorting her body, her eyes open to Daryl, who is curled up beside her in the queen sized bed. Jumping a bit, she falls out of bed, causing Daryl to awake at the sight of her sprawled out on the carpet, clutching at her chest and pulling her gown down.

"Jesus, you okay?" He asks as he goes to her side of the bed to check on her. With her cheeks pink and mouth gaped, she looks away from him with dismay.

"I thought you were sleeping on the floor?" She cries out and Daryl stretches as he lays back down.

"Was, til it got really cold down there. You didn't seem to mind too much. Was nice a cozy tucked away in my side." Smiling, Daryl folds his arms under his head and closes his eyes again, only to be awoken by, ironically, his nagging wife.

"I didn't even know you were there. For all I knew I was cuddling into a pillow...or...more of the blanket." Making excuses never was her strong suit. Sitting in the arm chair, she stares at Daryl, who rolls to the middle of the bed, making himself a cocoon out of the blanket. "Seriously? It's like 7:30."

"It's my day off, Sweetheart, I ain't getting outta bed. Only reason I woke up was cause yer ass fell outta it." Hissing, he rolls to face away from her and this frustrates her even more.

"Yer just gonna sleep all day! The one time yer out of Georgia...and you decide to sleep! What is wrong with you?"

"Maybe I don't feel like sight seeing alone in a strange place!" He growls and rolls to face away from her again, pulling the blanket over his shoulder tightly.

"Well...um...hold on." She gets up from the armchair and goes to the bathroom, snagging her phone on the way by. Daryl can't help but smile as he notice that she in fact wasn't wearing any underclothes under her sultry night gown. To think that that was beside him all night, clutching his body closely.

Shit...

He looks down and then closes his eyes.

I'm as hard as a cinder block. Fuck!

He tries so hard to think it down. The last thing he needs is for her to see him like this. It's natural...but very embarrassing when you don't truly know the woman.

"Okay, so...Oh...my...um, I think I'm gonna just...yeah." She grabs her suitcase after seeing his arousal and shuts herself in the bathroom. Covering his eyes, Daryl, is quickly unaroused by her expression.

Well that hurt. Gosh, if we ever get to that point of intimacy...That'll never happen.

After a few minutes, Beth comes out, showered and ready for the day. As she swiftly glides through the hotel room, she acts as though she never witnessed his Happy pleasure. Daryl gets up out of the arm chair and goes to the bathroom with his bag. As he closes the door, he sighs. Is this how it's always going to be...

What the hell is that?

As he takes a closer look at this tiny little metallicy pink bullet thing on the counter, he picks it up- his thumb accidentally hitting a switch and the thing starts to vibrate vigorously and powerfully in his hand. It takes him by surprise and he drops it on the floor, the vibrations echo off the walls. Outside the bathroom, Beth sits in the arm chair and sighs.

Now we're even on being embarrassed. Hopefully this will make him forget how childish I acted and how ashamed he was. Huh...

When Daryl finally captures the tiny vibrator, he turns it off, and huffs out a breathy sigh of success.