No More Heartbreaks + Where Nothing Stays Buried

I knew it was only a matter of time before Lucien claimed another victim. And he did. 

 It was Camille.

 Of course it was. It made sense. Many years before, I had heard the sad story of how Klaus stole Aurora from Lucien or something like that. Now for revenge, he was killing the woman Klaus had fallen in love with.

 I watched as everyone ran around, trying to come up with a way to save Camille, or Cami, as they called her. Ideas were hatched, plans were made. But I knew it was hopeless.

~~~~~~

 "I know you and Mr. Castle are allies," I said to Tristan, "but does he really have to be here, with us? It is the same as having an annoying bug as our guest."

 Tristan burst out laughing. "Oh, I know. But you see, darling, Lucien and I, Aurora as well, we all made a vow to get revenge on those who wronged us. Mr. Castle can be quite ambitious, however. I do wonder if perhaps he has plans of his own."  

~~~~~~

Camille O'Connell had inspired goodness in Niklaus, and helped him on his long, twisted path to redemption. The fact that one human woman could do so much for him had surprised me. In the end, she had my respect. And I felt guilty at the thought that our family had caused the untimely demise of such a woman. 

~~~~~~

 The next day, Kol returned to the compound with a dead Davina in his arms, begging his siblings to help him bring her back. I had no idea what had happened, but I felt magic had something to do with it. And it did. I learned that the ancestors had taken control of Kol and forced him to kill Davina.

 I looked to Freya, Elijah, and Klaus. "There must be something we can do. Surely she didn't deserve this." 

 So everyone came to an agreement that we would at lest try to save Davina. If the ancestors wanted her, who knew what would become of her there. 

 But soon Freya learned of Lucien's next plan: he was targeting Rebekah. Klaus and Hayley immediately left for the bayou to retrieve her. I wanted to go with them, but Klaus suggested that it would be better if I stayed with Kol.

 "I know what he's feeling now," he said. "I think...he needs his father."

 So I kept my hand on Kol's arm as Freya performed her spell. She successfully brought Davina's spirit into the circle. I took a few steps back to give her and Kol some space.

 I did, however, hear Davina talk of a green stone the ancestors tried to use on her. It tore the soul to pieces, and you were hopeless beyond it. But Kol promised her he would save her. When Davina happened to glance my way, I tried to give her a reassuring smile.

 But Freya and Elijah were planning something else. I could feel it.

 Kol and Vincent went off the find the Regent to help them, while Davina talked with Marcel. The girl and I did not a good history together, but I decided I could get used to having her as a daughter-in-law. Why not? She and Kol were obviously in love. 

 Then Elijah came in and grabbed Marcel, snapping his neck, while Freya went into the circle and began chanting another spell.

 "What are you doing?" I cried. "We're supposed to be saving her!"

 But it was no use. Davina was back in the ancestral well, and my children were gone.

 I quickly went to the table where Freya had her magic items. I had no idea what any of them were, much less how to use any of her magic things.

 I looked up at the sky. "Esther, if there was ever a time I needed your help, it's now. I have to help her, but I don't know to do."

 Nothing happened. All I got was the slow, sinking feeling that the ancestors had already destroyed Davina.

 When Kol and Vincent returned with the Regent, I was pacing around the circle, trying to think of something I could do. They tried bringing her back, but it was useless. She was already gone. 

~~~~~~

 Klaus killed Lucien that day. That was what Davina was sacrificed for. The enemy was dead, yet an undeserving person had been killed for it to happen.

 None of my children seemed to want to talk to each other. Kol left the compound, and the rest all went to their own separate corners. I was left to myself. What to do, I had no idea.

 When Davina first brought me back from the other side, I hated her for controlling me. I had never been controlled by anyone before, and it honestly scared me. But I came to admire her for being so brave and determined. I would have liked having her for a daughter-in-law.

 And what happened next, I was afraid to know. I had no enemies to come after me, but my children did.

 But first, we all had funerals to attend.