Author's Note

Well. I must say, that was quite the adventure.

 Reliving Season 3 all over again turned out to be fun. Writing in first-person narration made me feel closer to Mikael, so I'm glad I did. I will admit that there were times when I felt pretty much no inspiration while writing this story. I don't know if anyone who has looked at it even liked it. I honestly think fanfiction writers are underappreciated.

 I realize I may not have stuck too close to Mikael's character, but I did feel the need to make him go through a change in this story.

 Mikael and Tristan's love story was something I made up entirely on my own. And who's to say they never met? I don't think Mikael was gay (I believe he really did love Esther), but who's to say he wasn't bisexual, or even pansexual? The writers were too busy making him hunt down Klaus to even give that any thought, apparently. And Tristan's sexuality wasn't even discussed on the show. Another character the writers were too busy making try to kill the Originals. I didn't see anything wrong with making them connected.

 Henrik's return from the dead was the twist no one saw coming. He is a largely overlooked character and deserved a moment in the spotlight. 

 I realize there may have been a bit of unnecessary sarcasm and Klaus-bashing in this story, but that's because it's Mikael's side of the story. And he did start to hate Klaus less during the story. That scene where he destroys the last white oak stake was his way of letting go of his past anger and moving on.

 I have decided I would like to continue this story into Season 4. Unfortunately, The Originals is not returning to television until March 17, 2017. I am going to put this book on hold until then. If I decide not to continue the story, I will let any readers know.

 And now do excuse me while I go think up a ship name for Mikael and Tristan. After writing this, I like the idea so much I wish it would happen on the show, but I doubt it.

 If you happen to think up a ship name, do let me know. Or if you have any thoughts, don't be afraid to say so. It would be nice to hear from you.