7: Totally Not Grounded

I republished this because I don't know if it showed up for you guys. (It showed up on my tablet but not my phone so i'm making sure it posts this time).

-

Gerard was having a mental argument with himself about friday and going to fucking Frank Iero's house while he sat up in his bed at almost two in the morning.

He assumed Frank would arrive the same time he did the night before which bothered him because, well, Gerard was tired and he wanted to be asleep over an hour ago.

He should have just went to sleep and let Frank wake him up, but then he'd be all grumpy or something, but Gerard now was far too tired to be grumpy now.

He couldn't decide if he should go or not, Frank would be expecting him, he knew that, even if Gerard had told him that he didn't want to, Frank would still expect him to be there and it made Gerard feel like he had to be there.

But really, Gerard would be lying if he said he didn't want to go to Frank's house. He knew he didn't feel anything like that for him, not anymore, but he still felt like he should go.

Gerard had reluctantly admitted to himself that Mikey was his only friend, which in his eyes didn't count as he was his brother, but then there was Frank and Frank wanted to be friends and maybe Gerard should have taken the offer right away.

But either way, the offer was there and it didn't seem like Frank would be withdrawing it anytime soon so Gerard decided to make the decision to become friends with Frank Iero.

But there was still one problem that stood in the way of it all, and maybe Gerard should've used this problem as a way to get out of seeing Frank but part of Gerard wanted to see Frank which annoyed him but it was true, so Gerard was even more annoyed when he remembered.

Gerard was grounded.

Gerard had to tell Frank he was grounded and couldn't actually go to his house on friday, his mother wouldn't let him and he was sure his father knew his sons were grounded so he wouldn't allow Gerard to go to his friends house.

And with his whole mental debate with everything, Gerard had almost forgot Frank was coming over until he heard a familar tapping, signalling that Frank was outside his window. He made his way over, opening the curtains at now two in the morning, again, to see the short boy standing on the top step of the ladder.

He opened the window, letting Frank into his room, before closing the window again after realising how cold it was outside, noticing Frank shivering slightly but not saying anything about the cold night.

"Hey Frank," Gerard spoke first and quietly, not wanting to wake anybody. Frank only nodded with a smile in response before making his way towards Gerard's bed and sitting with his legs hanging over the edge of it as he looked around the room, silently admiring the walls around him, noticing a few paintings mixed in with posters of bands that he guessed Gerard was into, smiling when he noticed a few he liked himself.

Gerard thought something was different about Frank, he had been quiet the second he came in and began looking around Gerard's room. He thought it funny that Frank could change so easily just by not talking, it showed how loud he really was usually, how much he spoke.

"I didn't get to look at your room the first time I was here," Frank noted, finally speaking as his gaze drifted to the rickety old bookshelf on the other side of the room, "I think you need a new bookshelf."

Gerard nodded in agreement, having owned that bookshelf all his life as it used to be his mothers when she was growing up. Although now it looked nothing like it did when his mother owned it when she was a kid.

They were silent, admiring the bookshelf, but not really, just looking at it, staring into space, and their minds in different places. Gerard didn't know what Frank was thinking about but he looked lost in his thoughts, as Gerard was lost in his, trying to figure Frank out.

Frank, Gerard admitted, was different to anyone he'd met. He was far too enthusiastic about everything usually, except for now he barely spoke and Gerard just assumed he had a lot on his mind, which he did really, but what, Gerard didn't know.

Frank stood up, cutting off Gerard's thoughts as he walked over to the taller man, cupping his face which confused Gerard until he felt the pad of Frank's thumb, gently rubbing over the still visible bruise of Gerard's face, but luckily it had faded a little.

His gaze drifted from Gerard's face to  behind him where he could see concealer and foundation that Gerard had obviously used to over the bruise and Frank frowned, feeling bad for punching him the other day.

"Sorry about this," Frank said, looking back at Gerard who was biting his lip, "about the bruise I mean."

"It's okay." They stood silently for a moment, Frank's eyes not leaving the bruise and Gerard's eyes not leaving Frank's face before they snapped out of their temporary thoughts.

"My address," Frank started, reaching into a pocket in his jeans and revealing a piece of paper in his hands and placing it in Gerard's own. "Be there by ten," he finished before walking over to the window and climbing out, getting only two steps down the ladder before Gerard remembered to tell him.

"Wait," Gerard started, rushing to the window and looking down to see Frank who just looked up at Gerard, questioningly, the older boy thinking it over in his head, biting his lip, before deciding not to say anything. "Nothing, sorry, see you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow," Frank replied, shooting Gerard a smile before climbing back down the ladder, watching as Gerard closed the curtains and turned off the light that was glowing around the edges of the curtain.

-

I re-published bc i'm not sure if this chapter actually posted.

So yeah, this was shitty but there you go, yay, what fun!

I'm so tired so uh bye, hope you enjoyed this...

xx