Twins

He smiled as he watched her sleeping soundly the following morning. Paul held one of their daughters whilst Jacob held the other.

"Morning sweetheart," Jacob spoke quietly, kissing her cheek, watching as she woke up.

"Morning," she yawned; before sitting up slowly and kissing Jacob once again.

"We've bought you something," he smiled, as Paul kissed her cheek and placed the smaller girl into her arms,

"Oh, she's so beautiful," Connie smiled.

Dressed in Jacobs jumper and joggers she looked far from the woman people were used too, but still as beautiful as ever.

Connie smiled as the baby snuggled into her and held her fingers tightly in her fist,

Jacob sat on the bed beside her and Connie smiled at her other daughter,

"Hello baby," she smiled, as Paul took a couple of pictures of them both without them realising,

"Smile," Paul grinned,

"Oh, I look terrible,"

"Of course you don't," Paul smiled, "me and Jacob have been talking, you make a lovely family,"

Connie smiled,

"In so glad you've found someone like him," he admitted, kissing her forehead,

"Call me when you want a hand taking them back up mate,"

Jacob nodded before shaking his hand, "thank you,"

"He's a good man," Jacob told Connie and she nodded,

"They're so small," she smiled, "what names do you like?"

"I like Grace and Sophie,"

She looked at him, "me too,"

"Grace and Sophie Chase,"

She shook head, "you're their daddy... Grace and Sophie Masters..."

"Thank you," he told her quietly suddenly feeling very overwhelmed,

"We will have to work on getting your name to match theirs,"

She looked up at him, "I'd like that."

"Really?" He asked, "I just thought... After Michael and your divorce..."

She smiled, "there's no rush... But I'd happily take your name." He kissed her mouth gently,

"We're so lucky," he uttered and she leaned against his chest and nodded,

"That we are."

He stood in the doorway as she placed Grace back down in her cot. She yawned and was greatful as he enveloped her into his warm arms and handed her a cup of mint tea.

She took his hand and lead him downstairs, before she curled into his chest. Jacobs hands ran up and down her back, watching as she closed her eyes for what felt like the first time in weeks.

"I love you Jacob masters," she yawned and he smiled, pressing his lips against her forehead as she fell asleep.

She woke a few hours later to the girls crying and she pulled herself up, trudging up the stairs.

He sat on the chair, watching as Connie sat onto his lap and fed each of her daughters at a time.

"Does it hurt when they feed?" He asked and she thought for a moment,

"Initially it did... But now it just feels like a tugging sensation,"

"Alright sweetheart let's get some sleep," he smiled and she nodded, "we don't get nearly enough of that." She curled closely into him that night, she had a sudden overwhelming feeling that reminded her how much she loved this man. "I love you so very much, you're the most amazing man and father I would ever want for our children," she told him as he kissed her forehead.

"Go to sleep," he smiled, "I love you too... I've never loved anyone more."