Chapter 24

Chapter 24- In which an uninvited guest is invited

I had set my alarm for 8AM the previous night, I was still shaky about going to James' dads house in the rich part of town. I was coming up with scenarios of how many things could go wrong and by 8:30 I had managed to drag myself out of bed and get ready, I dried my hair as fast as possible, and got done just before 9. I then went into the bathroom and curled my hair, I was still in my bathrobe but I didn't care. The chilly autumn air would make it hard for me to wear a dress so I settled on some blue jeans, a maroon sweater, a scarf the color of the leaves, and my light brown fuzzy boots to go with my warm fuzzy socks. I didn't really like the thought of a dress anyway, I'm not much for girly things.

As soon as I got ready, the doorbell rung. I made my way slowly down the steps and used the peep hole to see who was there, it was just James. I sighed in relief still worried about my supposed stalker driving a fancy car around, breaking into my house, and asking the whole town about me. I opened the door to see James in a tight light blue shirt that hugged his muscles in all the right places and blue jeans, James wasn't the kind to wear baggy pants no, he was the type to wear them were they wouldn't fall down his ass. Still gawking at him he snapped me back to reality, "You've got a little drool on your mouth." I widened my eyes checking to make sure there wasn't as he bursted out laughing saying he was just messing with me, giving him a death stare I walked into the living room with James trailing along right behind me.

"So when are we heading out?" I asked while biting into an apple I just dug out of the fridge.  "Soon, right now the only one there is the maid my father is in a meeting with his company. But, we could go for a swim or play videogames if you want." My eyes lit up like forth of July fireworks, "I'd love to!" I felt less awkward around James as time went by he felt like the best friend I use to know, the one I could trust, the one I did stupid stuff like ride a carpet down the stairs trying to get it to fly.

James got up suddenly and walked towards the door, realizing I wasn't following him he turned around "Are you coming?" I stared at him then got up out of my seat, grabbed my keys from the table and trailed along to his motorcycle, I sighed but I secretly loved the feeling of riding that motorcycle. He had me hop on first, I scooted back as much as I could then he got on in front of me, handing me a helmet to put on which I did. He started the motorcycle up and drove off. My hair was smacking his back in the wind, I clung tightly to his chest with my arms wrapped around him. We took a backroad and ended up in the rich neaighborhood within minutes, looking out at all the beautiful houses I envied how spacious they were but I knew they were expensive to keep especially since the neighborhood they lived in had their rules. Even though they technically owned the property their house was on, the mayor owned the rich resort itself. They were told what stuff they could have in their yard (they couldn't have campers or boats In their yard) what time they could, and couldn't mow their lawn, how tall their grass could be before they got a violation, or fee for it, so it was basically a bunch of pointless rules they had to follow.

We pulled up to the house, and suddenly I felt like I entered the gates to heaven itself. Grey stone covered the mansion, along with a black roof, and garage door an two elegant porch lights hung beside the front door on each side. A garden filled with roses filled the front yard and a stone path went up the yard to the front entrance. James parked his motorcycle in the garage where a red Lamborghini sat, shining in all its glory. Outside I noticed an impala sitting in front of the garage "that's the maids car," James said while pointing to the impala. We walked around the house and onto the front porch, James took out his keys, unlocked the door, and opened it.

"My dad isn't home yet the maid is the only one here besides you and I." I walked out of the entry way and into the living room, expensive looking wood planked the floor, and pillars held up the inside in the living room, a few paintings were visible in the living room, I noticed the 50 inch flat screen HD tv hanging on the wall. "Come with me I'll show you around, " he grabbed the wrist of my arm and dragged me into the kitchen. The kitchen was by far the best room in the house, the refrigerator was one of those smart Samsung ones the best kind with the light up buttons and the massive amount of storage, the counter tops had elegant black marble, in the further room of the kitchen was the dining room which had a beautiful chandelier above a gorgeous maple dining table, the cabinets from the kitchen matched the dining room table the same maple wood was used.