Chapter 28

Chapter 28- The storm

I never worried about anything in my life other than losing the ones I cared about, I never worried until he took his mask off.

"You're James's friend, I met you the night I got hit." I said, staring at his dark hair pondering my brain for a name.

Matt, that was it.

"It wasn't easy, dragging you out of your yard, organizing several plans just to get you here. Hitting you with my car was an accident, I was aiming for James but you stepped out first. Luckily you survived or none of this would be possible." He said, wondering around the room. Clapping his hands together he stared at me.

"Conner is in this, isn't he?" I asked, somehow knowing the answer.

"Yes, Who do you think I work for? It was all his plan, the finale you get to witness tonight. So sit back and relax," he said, just before hitting me and knocking me out.
___
James Pov

"You're back on the force now?" I asked Selena's Mom, smiling at her badge. She hasn't been the same since her husband and I knew that, even Selena did.

"James I'm having them try and track her location so we can get her back, I'm almost sure she was taken she wouldn't run off like this." She said, hiding the worry on her face. When she joined the force again she never dreamed her first official field mission would be finding her missing daughter.

James hugged Selena's mother, a small gesture he knew she was trying to hide her pain, he was trying to assure her everything would be okay. They wondered the police station for what seemed like hours, James started making phone calls to her friends desperately trying to find her alive.

"They found her phone" Selena's mother said, staring down at a message on her phone in shock. "They were able to get a ping on the location, it's somewhere on west street." She said.

As of a lightbulb popped over my head at the moment she said that I knew where Selena was, I could lead us right to her. "We need to go I know where she is and possibly who has her!"

Grabbing her mothers hand I rand out of the building, with her almost being dragged along. We got in the car and I began telling her where to go instead of pulling up right in front of the house.

Upon arrival she called for backup outside the house, while she was doing that I walked right through the front door.

It was dark, the entire place was freezing I could see my breath as I let out a sigh hoping to see Selena right off the bat.

I crept through the house trying not to step on floor boards that looked like I could fall through them

Where is everyone?

I thought, I was momentarily confused thinking that I had been wrong about this being the place and I'm just wasting more time before something bad happens.

Stupidly the only thing I had with me was a switchblade but I could easily take a gun from someone and reverse it on them.

I came to what looked like the edge of the house when I inspected the wall further I realized there was a piece of the wall cut out and put back into place. Curiosity got the best of me and I ever so easily removed it, slipping through the dark part of the wall.