CHAPTER TEN

Lexie walked around the halls, her lips pressed into a thin line. She felt like doing that would stop the urge to throw up.

NAUSEA
"a feeling of sickness with an inclination of vomit."

"Dr. Grey!" Lexie heard Miranda call out. Lexie turned around instantly and walked towards Miranda.

"What is it?" Lexie asked with a yawn.

Miranda handed Lexie a binder full of a patients information.

"Eric Smith, 23, said he's been experiencing persistent coughs, some weight loss, loss of appetite, night sweats, and coughing up some blood. " Miranda explained.

"Those are all symptoms for.." Lexie started.

"For..?"

Lexie's felt her eyelids become heavy and droopy. She struggled to stay awake. Her eyelids shut and opened every few seconds.

FATIGUE
"extreme tiredness, typically resulting from mental or physical exertion or illness"

"Grey, snap out of it!" Miranda said with a clap of hands.

"Sorry, just a bit tired" Lexie said, putting the binder under her armpit. "I'll go splash water on my face or something.."
-
Lexie walked into Eric's room. "Hello Mr.Smith!" She said enthusiastically.

"Twenty three? Could've mistaken him for a fourteen year old." Lexie thought to herself. Mr.Smith, or Eric, had a baby face. "Bartenders could probably mistaken him for an underage sixteen year old with a fake ID."

"Hello," Mr.Smith replied with a cough.

"The symptoms you've described to Dr.Bailey are all symptoms of tuberculosis," Lexie explained.

All Mr.Smith did was nod.

Lexie continued to explain about how they were going to do physical exams and a simple skin test.

Mr.Smith nodded again.

"That's it? You're just going to nod?" Lexie said with an angry tone.

MOOD SWINGS
"an abrupt and apparent unaccountable change of mood"

"No.." Eric said softly.

Lexie sighed. "I'm sorry, I don't know what's been going on with me today" She said, taking a seat on one of the chairs in the room.

"You're a doctor, shouldn't you know what's going on with yourself?" Eric said louder than last time. His voice was deep and a bit raspy.

"I should," Lexie said. "Well, I've been having mood swings, didn't really get a lot of sleep so I'm fatigued, and I threw up several times throughout the night which kept me awake." She explained

"Hm," Eric started. "I'm no doctor but those souls like pregnancy symptoms. Have you been having unprotected intercourse?" Eric asked with a chuckle.

Lexie felt her cheeks get hot.

"Yes but, I can't be pregnant, could I?"

JAJAJ
-nya