CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Mark sat in one of the small, blue nursery chairs with Alaska in his arms and Meredith beside him. Lexie and her other baby had been in surgery for some time now, with no update given to Mark.

Mark knew to expect an update soon, he was just worried whether or not it was a good one. As a doctor, he knew that there were several risks to c-sections. Blood loss, infections..

Mark just wanted to see his girlfriend and his other baby. He wanted to see them alive and happy. But, what if Lexie didn't want to be with him anymore? He just hoped that seeing him with the children would change her mind.

"She'll forgive you," Mark told himself repeatedly, over and over again. "She will."

"I cheated on her." Mark said quickly.

"You what?!" Meredith asked, a look of disbelief forming across her face.

"I didn't mean to," Mark began. "Derek invited me to get drinks, and I got way too drunk. A girl offered me a ride home, but I shouldn't have accepted it. She came onto me. It was an accident. I love Lexie, no one else."

"Does she know?" Meredith asked, frowning slightly.

"She wants full custody of the kids." Mark replied.

"I understand. Maybe I can talk some sense into her." Meredith said.

Mark was silent, but in his head, he wasn't. He sure hoped Meredith could talk some sense into Lexie.

Mark and Meredith looked at the child resting peacefully in Mark's arms and smiled, forgetting what he was thinking about.

Arizona walked into the nursery, took off her scrub cap, and held it in her hands which were placed behind her back. She had a weird look on her face, as if she was both scared and worried at the same time.
"Mark.." She said, frowning slightly.

"Isn't she cute?" Mark said, unaware of what was going on. "Her name is Alaska."

"She is. I bet she'll be good friends with Zola and Sofia." Arizona smiled, and so did Meredith.

"What's the news on Lexie and the baby?" Meredith asked.

"Lexie's.." Arizona shifted uncomfortably. "I'm sorry."

-
-

Are we ruining your lives yet? Sorry?
So, this book is almost over. I have a feeling we'll only do one or two more chapters. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE tell us what you think about the book when it's done. We love feedback, whether it's comments, private messages, or votes!

-Emily