The Waiting Game

Nina's POV

I wriggled under the covers, feeling a heavy arm around my torso, only to realize that this wasn't my bed. The sheets were too scratchy. I rolled over, only to realize what happened last night. The drinking, the man, the deal, so that's where I was. I shook his shoulder too wake him up and he did so with a low grunt.

"Wake up! I need to talk to you."

"Can it wait?"

"No! I completed my half of the deal, now I want to clarify yours."

"I shoot this Levine, right?"

"Well... I was thinking. It should be in the first live show, and please try not to kill him."

"Hang on there, why can't he die? And, why do you want him shot in the first place?"

"So, he broke with his girlfriend Behati, and starting dating me. I, of course, fell madly in love with him by the time he dumped me via text and my friends told me that he was engaged to his ex. I want revenge, but I would appreciate it if you put an effort into saving him."

"The bastard."

"Actually, here is a plan."

"I'm listening."

"I was watching the blind auditions, because we were still together when they were filmed, and he told me about this one girl he doesn't get along with."

"I think I see where you are going with this."

"Yeah, so after she performs, they will hug and he will say 'Good job', or whatever. Shoot him as he is getting up to hug her, I doubt that she will be the fastest to call an ambulance."

"For a tiny underwear model, you are some evil genius. It's a deal"

I rolled off the bed, got dressed in yesterday's clothes, washed off the rest of my makeup, and glanced outside. Oh. No. I lived in LA with my sister, but I had no idea where I was, and I wasn't about to run outside like this in an unfamiliar neighborhood. I had no choice but to ask Mr. Creepy for a ride.

"Hey, can I have a ride back to that bar?" No way I was telling him where I lived.

"Fine"

The car ride was quiet, but not too awkward. I rushed home, showered, put my iPod on shuffle, and listened through every Maroon 5 song. I walked to my computer in my pink towel and bought tickets for the live show. Now, I play the waiting game.