First Dates are Supposed to be Awkward, Right?

Nina's POV

Bed

After dinner with Jake, I wasn't sure what to say. Here was a man, at that a VERY good looking man who had been nothing but nice to me and I was just using him. He helped me clean up with a small smile playing on his pale, full lips. "Want a drink?" "Sure". We sat quietly on my couch and watched the Pretty Little Liars until Jake was totally hooked. I let myself smirk at his reaction as he started to get into it. He relaxed into the couch and put his arm around me, it felt so natural I just let my head fall to his chest.

In my right ear I could hear his heart beating steadily, and when the episode ended, neither of us wanted to move. He checked his watch, "I should go." My heart was crushed, I knew I couldn't be alone tonight, "No, stay. Please."

He carried me to bed and kissed me softly against the wall. I felt the muscle in his chest press against me as he lifted me up and laid me down on the bed holding himself above with his strong arms. I nervously traced his muscle before he rolled off of me with a light chuckle. "Maybe next time, sweetheart." I fell asleep with my face resting in the groove of his neck and my arms and legs wrapped around him.

I journeyed out to the kitchen to see him making coffee. He sighed and then said, "We should talk about this deal of ours." He looked fidgety so I easily said, "What about it?"

"We were both drunk and we are talking about a man's life here" I watched his blue eyes darken as he said this.

"Are you calling this off?"

"No, I suppose not. Are you sure?"

"Yes. That bastard dumped me via text and then got engaged a week later. He doesn't deserve Behati."

"Don't bring her into this. This is between you, and Adam. Behati is a grown woman capable of making choices and sticking with them. my question is, are you?"

"Yes, I'm sure of what I want."

"Ok. Alyssa's first live performance?"

"Yes"

He left right after that and I collapsed. Did I really want this? I HAD once loved the man...