Why Did we Want Kids?

Brad's POV
"Mom! Dad!" One of the boys yells. I'm not sure which one because they're all being ridiculously loud and annoying right now. I hear a loud, girly scream, and then crying from Olivia and decide to get up and see what's wrong.

"What the hell is going on in here?" I walk into the room to see a disaster "Why is your sister screaming?"

"She bad, daddy." Jack says "She has money."

"She has money?" I ask Liam "How did she get money?"

"She found a dime on the floor... and well, she wanted to play with it."

"And you took it from her, right?" I look around to find it "That's why she screamed?"

"Yeah, sure."

Jen walks in a few seconds later and Olivia crawls right over to her. I know something is wrong because she's crawling and not running like an idiot.

"What's wrong, honey?" Jen picks her up "Did your brothers hurt you?"

"No, she did it herself." Gabe says "She stuck the dime in her ear."

"She what?" Jen asks shocked "Why would she do that?"

"When I tried to take it from her she got mad." Liam gets quiet "She said she was hiding it and got it stuck in her ear before I could get it."

Olivia continues to scream while we figure this out. There's no way a dime could actually fit in her tiny ear. At least that's my opinion. Apparently her ear is bigger than I think.

"Brad it's really stuck in there." Jen carries her over to me "Look at it, it's gross."

I look into her ear to see that it is definitely stuck, and also covered in a gross mixture of earwax and blood.

"Okay, well I'll hold her down and you get the tweezers. You can try to get it out." I take Olivia and wait for her to get everything. She tells me to give her some Tylenol while we wait so that she calms down a little.

"Daddy make her stop!" Jack complains about how loud she is.

"I'm trying, buddy." I look outside and get an idea "Liam, take Gabe and Jack outside. Mom's gonna need you guys to be quiet if she wants to get this out."

They all run outside to play while I'm stuck with a screaming 2 year old. I move her around in my arms to get her more comfortable and she finally gets a little quieter. At least until she decides that she NEEDS Jen and does not want me at all.

"Come here, baby." Jen takes her from me. She finally stops crying after the medicine kicks in, and I take her back. I hold her arms down so that she can't fling around and hit Jen.

Jen looks in her ear for a while to see what she can do. I hold a flashlight for her while she uses the tweezers to grab the dime. It moves a little at first, but ends up getting stuck.

"I can't see it anymore, Brad." She finally admits "I think I might have pushed it in further. It's really stuck."

"Here, let me try." I hand her the flashlight and take the tweezers. I look closely and can only see blood. It's absolutely disgusting and I have second hand pain just looking at it.

"I can't get it." I give up after a few failed attempts "What do we do now?"

"Well, I guess we have to take her to the hospital." Jen suggests "They might be able to use irrigation or something."

"Okay, well then let's go I guess." I grab everything we need and get the boys in the car. Jen gets Olivia to fall asleep and gets her in her car seat.

I drive to the hospital trying to ignore the kids fighting. Liam bumps Jack which makes him cry, which makes Gabe complain. Then, when Jen turns around to stop them, Olivia wakes up and screams again. The boys all complain about her which leads on to Jen yelling at them and fighting.

We finally make it to the hospital and I walk in with Olivia.

"Olivia Pitt." I tell the receptionist. Jen walks up a few seconds later and answers the other questions.

"She got a dime stuck in her ear. We tried getting it out, but it went deeper instead."

"Okay, well just have a seat over there and we will be with you shortly." She hands Jen some papers to fill out.

"Olivia?" A nurse calls. We get up and follow him back into the exam room. He asks us a few more questions, and I answer while Jen tries to keep Liv quiet. He leaves a few minutes later, just in time for the boys to start complaining.

"Just calm down for a few minutes, okay?" I ask "We won't be here too long, and if you guys would have actually been watching her like I asked she wouldn't have gotten any money to do this with." They all get quiet and a few minutes later the doctor walks in.

"This should be an easy fix." He says while looking in her ear "It looks like irrigation should do it. I'll have the nurse come in and you guys should be able to leave in no time."

"Thank you." Jen smiles "Is there any damage to her ear?"

"I don't see any. From the looks of it, her ear will just be sore for a few days, but I don't see any other problems to be worries about."

We wait for a few minutes before the nurse walks in. He gets everything ready and then starts the irrigation. The boys get to watch, which keeps them entertained, and before we know it, everything is done.

"She's finally asleep." Jen walks into our room "She only cried for a little before she gave up and passed out."

I watch as she changes into her pajamas waiting for her to get in bed. She crawls up next to me, clearly exhausted.

"Why did we have kids?" I finally ask "I mean, I love them, but why did we want them?"

"Because we're crazy. Completely crazy."