Are They Trapped?

"Hey babe?" I walk into the living room, looking for Brad "Where are Liam and Gabe? I haven't seen them since I got home."

He looks around the room as if he expects them to be sitting here with us. He then shrugs his shoulders and goes back to building a puzzle with Jack and Olivia.

"Okay, let's try this again." I lean down at the table "Do either of you two know where your brothers are? Mommy needs to find them."

"There." Liv points to Jack, who I can obviously see very clearly. I sigh standing up, knowing that there's no point in trying anymore. These people are no help.

I walk out of the living room, and into the yard. I was filming all day, and just got home, so they could be anywhere around here. All I want is to know why they thought it was okay to leave an open soda in the back of my car. I just spent 30 minutes cleaning out all of the sticky, ridiculous mess, along with all of the ants accompanying it.

"Boys!" I yell out to no one in particular "You out here?!?" I stand there for a few seconds, waiting for an answer that I don't ever get. I turn to walk back into the house, and am greeted by Brad holding a crying, bloody child. She reaches out for me, drenching my white shirt in blood.

"What the hell did you do to her this time?"

"She hit her head off the coffee table and bit her lip." Brad tries to take her back, but she screams and pushes him away "We were tickling each other and I bumped her into it. She thinks it's my fault."

"Whatever." I walk into the kitchen "Go find your kids. I still haven't seen them and they left an open soda in my car last night."

"Okay." He grabs Jack "So find them and tell them to hide from their pissed off mother. Got it."

"Do you know where your brothers are?" I ask Liv as I clean up her face "Mommy really needs to find them." She nods her head shyly, before opening her mouth.

"I hide them."

"You hid them?" I don't know if I should believe her or not "Where did you hide them, honey?"

"Cwowet."

"The closet?" I try to understand her "You hid them in a closet?" She smiles, letting me know I'm right and I quickly think of what she's saying.

"Brad!" I run into the living room once I figure it out "She locked them in that damn hall closet! The one that I told you she figured out how to open."

"Shit!" He gets up, running to the door we're talking about. I follow him, through our bathroom and to the door that they know they aren't supposed to be at.

"Liam! Gabe!" We try to get the door open "How long have you been in there?"

"Hours." Liam answers "That devil child locked us in here! She's crazy mom!"

"I know, we'll deal with her later." I pull on the handle again to no avail "Dads gonna have to cut open the door or something. Just make sure you're standing back."

"Jesus Christ, Brad!" I take his phone from his hands "Your kids are stuck in there, put your damn phone down!"

"I was trying to find an easy way to get them out." He takes it back from me, holding it right to my face "See?" I push it away, waiting for him to come up with an idea.

"Just find something. Please."

He looks for a while longer before deciding to just go with my idea, and cut out the side of the door so it isn't jammed.  I remind them to stand towards the other side so that I don't have to deal with another bloody kid, and watch carefully as Brad tries to free them.

"Go check on the other two."  Brad reminds me, knowing them alone is trouble "We both know they aren't sleeping."

I run to the playroom expecting the worst, but find that the only bad thing is the little blood still dripping from Olivia.  The cuteness isn't going to last long, and I know that within minutes they're going to be fighting, so I drag them along with me back to the chaos.

"I don't want her here."  Liam says through the door "She trapped us."

"Relax, dude, she doesn't even really understand what she did.  Now just stand back and let your dad get you out."

Brad takes over, slowly starting to free them.  The door cracks as he cuts through it, starting to fall towards us.  He quickly pushes me and the kids back and let's it fall in front of us.

Liam and Gabe run out like they've been trapped for days without food or water.  The run around dramatically hugging everything like idiots, and even though they're mad at her, they hug Liv who is very excitedly waiting for them.

"I'm never trusting her again."  Gabe says "She's so evil."

"What we're you thinking trusting her in the first place?" Brad laughs at their lack of intelligence "Why would you trust your 2 year old sister?  She wasn't even gonna tell us where you were to save you."

"He's right, you shouldn't trust her."  I agree "They were just playing around like nothing happened.  She had to get hurt for us to get it out of her."

"I'm just glad we found some balloons in there because it was really boring." Liam says confusing us.  Why would we have balloons in our closet?

"Liam, what balloons?"  I ask, very curious as to what he's going to show us "I don't think we even own balloons."

He looks to Gabe, who walks back into the closet.  Brad follows him, wanting to see this, and looks right out at me.

"Hey Jen, you wanna see these 'balloons'." He laughs holding up a condom.

"Oh my God."  I look around, noticing that a whole box worth of condoms is scattered around.  I try my hardest to control my laughter "Well, at least they had fun."