𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐑𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐍

────── ★★★ ──────

In a village by the sea, there was an old building that was known for housing the village's orphans and where our blonde hero lived for the last fourteen years. Even though they had no one to call their true family, the children that lived there always looked out for each other. Those who lived outside of the rundown building considered the orphans worthless and wanted nothing to do with them, resulting in them having to stay hidden in the shadows to stay out of trouble.

Most of the villagers didn't care what happened to them, they only cared about themselves. Due to this, the orphans in the building had to resort to stealing from the rich just so they could eat. They were usually successful, but even if they were caught, they rarely got punished due to everyone thinking they were punished enough just by how they were forced to live.

That was how the orphans lived and they knew that was how their futures would be. Our hero couldn't do anything else but accept the life she had and would be living for the rest of her days.

This was where our story began.

────── ★★★ ──────

Like every other day for the past fourteen years, she began her day looking for another person to steal from for her to buy some food for herself and the younger orphans she lived with. However, around every corner and in every alley, all she saw were familiar faces. All of them knew about the thieving orphans, causing every person she passed to keep their coin pouches and other valuables close to their bodies to keep them from being snatched away.

The blue-eyed girl grew hopeless before she began her short journey back to the rundown building she called home. But her little spark of hope quickly returned when she saw an unfamiliar man in dark leather clothing looking at some stalls in the marketplace after turning the last corner before reaching her destination. A smirk formed on her face as she pulled her hood up and kept her head down before casually walking toward the man. As soon as she got close enough to him, she "accidentally" bumped into the man while quickly pulling whatever was in his pocket into her cloak.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't see you," the blonde apologized as her hand wrapped around the coin pouch that was now in her possession while the man turned to face her, revealing his piercing blue eyes that send chills through the young girl's body.

"I'd be careful who you run into next time," the man hissed before he grabbed a bag off of the stall of the counter while keeping his full attention on her. It felt like his eyes were looking into her soul as he studied her for a long moment before a scowl formed on his face. "The next person might not be as friendly as I am."