𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

Two days of careful planning and strategically avoiding the Lost Boys passed before Everly finally decided that she was going to make her first attempt at rescuing the next new boy from becoming one of Pan's minions. Knowing that the only Lost One she could trust on this island was Felix, the blonde girl concluded that the best time to infiltrate their camp was when they were playing one of their games. After gathering everything she needed for her journey, which included her quiver and bow, the former Lost Girl cautiously exited her safe haven then raced into the cover of the forest and towards Pan's camp.

Once she reached the outskirts of their camp, Everly quietly climbed up the largest tree on the north side of the clearing. She settled on the largest branch with enough leaves to keep her covered then she peered down to see Pan talking a boy. As she studied the new boy more, the blonde girl found herself growing concerned at the blank expression on the new boy's face, making it seem like he was a shell of his former self.

Everly's attention turned to Felix as he made his way towards the boy before Pan's right hand tied his legs together to match his wrists. After a moment of exchanging a few words that the girl couldn't hear, Pan and his Lost Boys walked out of camp, leaving the new boy alone on the log.

As soon as the sound of the Lost One's footsteps vanished, the former Lost Girl took the note she prepared out of the pocket of her cloak before tossing it on the ground next to the boy. Her eyes followed him as he leaned forward and picked it up from the ground before he read the words written. Her anticipation continued to grow while she waited for him to do one of the signals she wrote down but all he did was look around.

After a long moment passes of him not doing anything, Everly caught him stomping his foot once before she waited to see if he would repeat the action, only for his foot to stay planted on the ground in front of him. Once she was certain that he wasn't going to lift his foot again, the former Lost Girl took the pebble she had been carrying with the note out of her pocket before tossing it at the back of his head. Her actions caused the boy to turn his attention towards her before a hopeful smile appeared on his face. Before he could react any further, Everly placed her finger against her lips then she slid down the tree and quietly made her way over to the new boy.

"I saw you when I landed here. You were running from some of the boys," he whispered as soon as Everly was close enough to him, "how did you get away? Who are you?"

"Stop talking," was all the girl said at first as a bit of irritation made its way through her before she let out a quiet sigh, "do you want Pan and his minions to know I'm here?"