𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐒

────── ★★★ ──────

Unlike most days on Neverland, it had been pretty quiet and Everly was hoping it would stay that way so she and the boys could actually relax. The six of them were hanging around the cove either swimming in the small pool of water or trying to take a nap in the sand that surrounded it. Just as the blonde girl was about to doze off, a loud chirping cut through the peaceful silence before she slowly opened her eyes to see one of the messenger birds she and Tinker Bell had flying around above her.

After letting out a quiet sigh and rubbing her hands down the side of her face, Everly sat up in the sand and held her hand out in front of her just in time to catch the small scroll that the bird dropped before it flew away. The blonde girl ignored all of the boys' eyes on her as she carefully took off the string that kept the scroll rolled up before reading the letter from Tinker Bell.

Pan has a new Lost Boy on the island but this one is very special to Pan for a reason I haven't discovered yet. For the time being, I would avoid saving this one because it may cause more harm than good but it's completely up to you and your boys. Attached is a picture of the boy.

The final decision is on you but you also have to be the one to answer the question I know you dread. Is he worth saving?

Don't go in blind.

After reading and rereading the letter, Everly looked over to Sam, who was sitting on a rock nearby with curiosity on his face. As soon as he saw the look on her face, the second-in-command of the Saved Boys got to his feet and made his way over to the blonde girl before she handed him the letter. Her eyes stayed glued on him as she read the letter while a million questions that will most likely remain unanswered ran through her mind.

Once she finished watching Sam rereading the words on the parchment for the third time, Everly's eyes left his scrunched-up face before looking at the picture in her hand. Her blood ran cold at the familiarity of the boy before shivers went up and down her spine as a feeling in her chest grew like it was struck with an arrow. After studying every feature of the boy in the picture's face one last time, Everly looked up at the group of boys in front of her with one thought running through her head.

Is he worth saving?

"What are we going to do, Everly?" Adam asked, snapping the girl out of her daze before he got up from his place next to J.P. and made his way over to her and Sam.