𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓 𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐄

────── ★★★ ──────

A week passed since Baelfire told Everly his plan to escape their nightmare and she never felt more excited in her entire life. After listening to his mostly solid plan, the only concern she had about his plan was how she'd be able to get away from camp without being noticed. It'd be easy to notice the absence of one of the only girls on Neverland. The only solution Baelfire came up with to ease her worry was that they'd leave camp when everyone was asleep like they usually did. His idea made Everly feel slightly better; however, she couldn't shake the feeling that it wasn't enough to keep Pan and the Lost Boys from figuring everything out.

While the former pirate kept up her part of the plan and kept the Lost Boys busy, the son of the Dark One was able to sneak away a few times to get the supplies we need. After many nights of charting stars and figuring out exactly which one they needed to follow in order to escape the realm, the last thing Baelfire needed for their successful escape was Pan's shadow. This piece of the plan was another thing Everly was concerned about, considering everyone who had gotten close to that shadow got theirs ripped away.

While Baelfire was in his tent and planning how to get close to the shadow without getting caught, Everly sat on one of the logs by the fire with a million different thoughts swimming through her head. Just as she felt herself calming down a bit, the former pirate's body stiffened at the sound of footsteps cutting through the silence that surrounded her. After creating the straightest face she could, the blonde girl looked up to see Felix coming her way with a curious look on his face before he stopped a few feet in front of her.

"You okay, Everly?" the second-in-command of the Lost Boys asked with his head slightly tilted and an eyebrow quirked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," she replied with shakiness in her voice before mentally cursing at herself for her inability to lie.

"You sure?"

"I said I'm fine."

"Okay then," he paused then his eyes darted around the clearing before they land back on the blue-eyed girl in front of him, "where's Baelfire? I don't think I've ever seen the two of you apart for more than a few minutes."

"He's still asleep but he should be up soon if you really need to talk to him," Everly responded as her fist clenched under her cloak in an attempt to keep them from shaking while maintaining contact with the gray-eyed boy, "is there anything else I can help you with?"

"Pan wanted me to tell you to get ready to hunt. They're leaving in ten."

"Another one?"

"Better hurry. Don't wanna keep them waiting."