𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖

────── ★★★ ──────

────── ★★★ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐁𝐀𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄

────── ★★★ ──────

The Jones girl's eyes stayed glued to the lifeless boy in her arms while her mind tried to comprehend what just occurred. Everything within her wanted to believe that everything was just a dream and that there was no way Pan killed Felix. That she'd wake up and everything would be back to normal. Expect she knew it wasn't a dream and she'd have to face the world without the boy who broke her out of that cage thirty years ago and who helped her not feel like she was alone on that island.

Everly would have to face reality without her guiding light.

As soon as she gathered her thoughts to the best of her abilities, the girl's eyes looked away from the motionless Lost Boy in her arms and to the dagger hanging from his belt. Everly blankly stared at the object for a moment before letting out a shaky breath and gently placing Felix on the ground in front of her. She quickly untied the ropes around her ankles then her attention landed on Pan, who was still standing near the well as he looked at Storybrooke in the distance. She kept her eyes glued on the boy as her hand wrapped around the hilt of the dagger before getting to her feet. Everly cautiously walked towards the Demon King while making sure she didn't step on any leaves or twigs. Once she was close enough to him, the girl tackled him to the ground before pinning him down and placing the dagger at his neck after a bit of a struggle.

"Everly! Don't!"

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't. And I swear if you say anything about the Purest-"

"I'm Henry!"

Those two words caused Everly's blood to run cold as she stared into the boy's nervous eyes. A million thoughts raced through her head at a rate she could barely comprehend before she found herself placing more force on the dagger which only made the brunette's eyes widen to the size of small planets.

"I'm done playing games," the Jones girl scoffed as she shook off all the thoughts running through her before she caught the nervousness in his eyes turn to panic, "I'll give you five seconds to prove that your Henry."

"You were there when I gave Pan my heart. You enchanted my hand."

"Pan was there, too."

"Before we went to Skull Rock, you told me that I needed to believe in myself before others can believe in me."

Everly's whole body froze after hearing that statement come out of his mouth. There was no way that Pan would have been able to hear her tell him Milah's last words. Uncertainty continued to flow through her veins as she studied his face one last time. After finally convincing herself that there was no way Pan could know those words, the blonde girl slowly got off of the boy and helped him to his feet.