7 - A Familiar Scene

"You sure you want to go?" Hayley asked worriedly, hoping that she would say no and have a movie night in bed instead.

Selena sighed as she stared at herself at the vanity mirror as her stylists made her all glamorous.

"Yes."

Hayley looked down and stared at her hands that were neatly intertwined on her lap. Most people in the room are buzzing and getting ready for the big event. Hayley simply sat there quietly, wondering why she was there at the first place. Right, famous girlfriend.

"Listen, I'm just gonna head back to the apartment and just chill or sleep." Hayley stood up, just wanting to leave.

But Selena stopped her by grabbing her arm. "Hey, no. You're my date."

"I don't think that's great idea." Hayley replied and turned to walk away again.

"Ba-Hayley."

"It's fine, Sel. I'll watch you on TV tonight. Slay that carpet babe." Hayley offered a small smile and gave her quick peck on the cheek before finally walking away.

*✧·˚*✧·˚*✧·˚

Hayley sat on their bed with her back against the headboard as she flipped through channels. After going through all of them thrice, she finally decided to stop at ABC. She has been avoiding that channel, not wanting to regret her decision awhile ago for not coming with her girlfriend. She just thought that it was for the best. And maybe because Hayley never liked being around all these huge stars while she is just this artist who barely sells anything and a DJ in her bedroom.

But she couldn't help the smile on her face when she saw Selena in a beautiful red gown on the TV.

Damn, my girlfriend's gorgeous.

While staring at the TV, there was a sudden knock on the door. Hayley let out a groan before getting out of bed and answering the door.

"Ms. Crawford?"

"Yes?"

The man simply handed a white box that was wrapped with a gold ribbon and a black envelope.

"Thank you."

Placing the box on the bed, she debated on opening it or not. She had an idea in mind what it was and she wasn't exactly sure what to do with it. Hayley let out a sigh and decided to read what was in the envelope first.

Hey babe. I couldn't just let you stay in when I'm out here. So take what's in the box, no excuses. And Halsey's going to be here and she's performing. Don't even act like you don't care. And I really want you here with me. So, the car will be waiting and I'll have one of my bodyguards lead you to your seat. I'll see you soon.

xoxo. S.

Hayley grinned as excitement ran in her veins. She opened the box and found a beautiful black cocktail dress with silver glittery straps, a silver purse and some silver bracelets.

Hayley may not be one of those girls who would dress all glamorous and cake up their faces, but she never would pass up the chance when given a lovely dress

*✧·˚*✧·˚*✧·˚

Angel👼:
i think im lost but i see you in that dashing red dress.

Sel💋:
i'm sorry babe. meet me backstage?

Angel👼:
aww. cant i hide under that dress? i promise youll have fun 😏

Sel💋:
backstage. sorry.

Hayley sighed to herself and made her way backstage. That's when Hayley realized that coming to this event was actually not a good idea, especially when she had to sit alone watching the show backstage.

Then Selena walks backstage with an AMA in her hands.

"Hey! Ba-Hayley!"

Hayley stood up in shock. It was difficult to process everything that was happening when your girlfriend is kissing your cheek with many cameras and people in the room.

"Um, hey, congrats ba-Sel!" Hayley replied, maybe too cheerfully. And sadly, Selena saw right through it.

"Look, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. But hey! You won!" Hayley said, more genuine this time. A real smile came across Selena's face. Selena handed her award to her manager and wrapped her arms around Hayley.

"I'm really sorry. And you're boobs look great in that dress."

"Shut up." Hayley playfully slapped Selena as her blood rushed to her cheeks.

"Come on, let's go." Selena smiled at Hayley and took her hand in hers. Hayley was surprised and was about to pull her hand away, but Selena held her hand tighter.

Nothing was said to each other as they walked backstage with people congratulating Selena and not even noticing the intertwined hands. Maybe it is not so bad to show some public display of affection.

The two lovers arrived at the dressing room, only to be congratulated by more people. Hayley was proud and happy, but the smile on her face disappeared when Selena abruptly pulled her hand away from hers. Hayley decided to let Selena do her thing and head to
 the small bar somewhere in the depths of the backstage.

Spotting an empty seat between two other vacant ones made Hayley sigh in relief. She walked to the bar and ordered something light. She was enjoying her alone time for awhile until someone sat next to her. Hayley wasn't really an antisocial but she just wasn't in the mood to socialize.

Angel👼:
im at the bar. come and get me when youre done

*✧·˚*✧·˚*✧·

The scene was quite familiar yet odd. White sheets cover her body and sun rays hit her eyes. The bed was comfortable but different. Hayley tried to get up only to be greeted by a severe headache.

Waking up in this situation was never Hayley's favorite. And the morning only gets worse when you realize that you are not in your own bed.

A/N: What, an update that didn't take more than months? Hell yeah. This was originally a filler but I came up with something last minute.

Tell me, what do you think?

QOTC: Who do you think was best dressed at the AMAs?

Vote. Comment. Share.

xx