For Riley

Like I said,this story is more complicated to write,that's why the slow updates,I'd rather write less than write badly.

But...after a whole month...*drum roll* here it is! Hope you'll enjoy :)

CHAPTER 45 - FOR RILEY

Roads and houses flew by indistinctively, fast enough to be only a blur to a careful eye, imagine to one that saw without seeing. Then again, how could she focus on the panorama, when she had no idea how long did she have to live?

After stubbornly refusing to take the pill she was offered, Emily had encountered violence for the first time, which, for how only embodied in a slap to her face, had left her lip swollen nonetheless. She wasn't afraid, though, better said, she was, but stronger was the sense of resignation. Whatever her fate was, she was ready to face it.

After that small fight, Lydia grabbed her arm, forcing her to stand, tied her wrists and gagged her, which was a temporary solution in order to drag her out of the house and have her step on a car, once that was done, Emily was freed from her constrictions. Surely Lydia took for granted she wouldn't try to escape.

And she was partly right, Emily seemed to have abandoned any rebellious instinct she might have had before seeing that gun, the same gun whose silver color she could still see shining beside the driver's seat that her captor was currently occupying. Emily had no idea where they were going, they'd been driving for over an hour now, and she didn't know Boston enough to orient herself, but wherever they were headed, it would be the last place she saw, that was sure.

She tore her gaze away from the window, and directed it at the driver. Lydia was beaming, her fingers kept tapping on the steering wheel at the rhythm of the music, while she hummed tune after tune coming out of the radio. What kind of psycho kidnaps someone and acts like nothing? Emily asked herself.

The woman behaved like she didn't have her ex's current pregnant girlfriend tied up in the backseat of her car, she even spoke to her victim now and then, inciting her to sing, as if they were two joyous friends going to enjoy some relaxing trip. Emily was beginning to think Lydia wasn't in her right mind. Then again, that wasn't really to question, was it? Someone that abducts her ex's pregnant girlfriend, planning to get rid of her along with her baby, just so she will have said ex all to herself, couldn't be sane.

Emily turned back to the window, leaning her temple against it. If Riley knew about this, he was probably looking for her, knowing him, he would stop to nothing in order to find her, heck, he would most probably take a bullet for her. Maybe that was the main reason why Emily didn't fight.

Lydia wasn't in her right mind, even if she escaped, that crazy woman would come after her again, and that meant endangering Riley, along with Vanessa, Jason, and everyone she cared for. Who could assure her that the legal route would work? It hadn't for Vanessa, had it? Nothing had stopped Chad from going after her best friend and doing those horrible things to her, so what would keep Lydia from hurting her beloved ones? Reports served to nothing, Emily had learned that now.

However, there was to consider that Lydia aimed at a life with Riley. Taken for granted that he would never agree to it, no matter what, the chances were, the crazy woman would hurt him nevertheless. Emily clenched her fists as she turned back to the driver, who was currently humming to some pop tune. She could accept sacrificing for the sake of Riley and everyone she loved, but what told her that her death would keep them safe?

Lydia was crazy, what stopped her from revolting against her beloved Riley as well? Especially when he wouldn't comply with her desires? Emily had seen enough crime shows to know that love was the number one motive for murder. In her fanatical mind, Lydia might convince herself that, if she couldn't have Riley, no one else could, then to what would it serve to bow so meekly?