Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13 - BEYOND FRIENDSHIP

Emily had been laying on her bed awake, listening to music, for over an hour, when the door swung open and she yelped when a skinny body fell on her, nearly crushing her. She shot up, growling against Vanessa, who only laughed cheerfully as she sat as well – on bed, not on her friend's stomach, that is.

"Sooo ... did anything interesting today?" She asked, already knowing, to which Emily's cheeks flushed, but she tried to play it cool by sassing: "Was supposed to hang out with my best friend but she ditched me."

Vanessa bit the corner of her bottom lip, reminiscing why did she ditch her ... gosh, she felt hot all over again. Sadly, Jason was out. Possibly with his "fiancée". Ugh. That bitch. She didn't deserve him. Pretty sure she doesn't give him a half of what I do. Biblically speaking, that is. Gosh, the stamina that guy had! None of her ex's was able to do it three times in a row. And that intensely even. Maybe Trent came a close second, but nobody was up to Jason's standards. Nope.

She unconsciously pressed her legs, already feeling like she missed his touch. Well, that had happened a lot lately. Every time his fingertips left her skin, she only craved for more. All of that meant worsening her situation, she knew that, but ... well, it was too good to back off.

And the way he got hungrier and hungrier by the session, detaining her always more and more ... every time there was something added to his touch, it was always sensual and erotic, yes, but it was more and more lingering, as if he was less and less able to hold back. So much for getting her out of his system, right?

That had been his reason when they decided they'd act on that pull when they felt like it. "I gotta get you little vixen out of my damn system some way and that's the only one I can think of" had said Jason. She'd smirked, implying that that was a very sneaky way to get what he wanted, but he'd only shrugged, claiming she could call it whatever she wanted, it still remained the fact that he was not able to get his hands off her. In the back of her mind Vanessa dared hope that meant more than what he claimed, but she kept her hopes at bay, knowing that being delusional would only hurt more.

Now, Emily. Judging by her flushed cheeks and how she swiftly changed subject, the girl was still thinking of that kiss ... hence, Vanessa poked her friend's ribs as she pressed: "Come on ... you surely had fun even without me."

Emily bit her lips. Those same lips Riley had swollen with his kisses. Those same lips that now missed him so badly. He'd called her after she'd run off, but she'd never picked up the phone, even turned it off when he got insistent. 

She wanted so badly to let herself go, but then ... Emily closed her eyes for a moment, sighing. He was gripping her heart too tightly. That had hurt once and it would again. This time only more. She couldn't let him give her such pain. She wouldn't be able to cope this time. Then there were all those things that would disappoint him ... no, it was better not to risk.

Vanessa noticed how her friend's features got gloomier. She knew that expression. It meant Emily was struggling with her thoughts and emotions. Again. Why couldn't Emily just accept what she felt? She had. She'd accepted her feelings for Jason long ago, for how utopian they were. Why couldn't Emily do the same? Right. There were her self esteem issues in the way. Vanessa was sure Riley could fix all that, he only needed a chance. Easier said than done. Emily could be so stubborn sometimes.

"I saw you by the park." Vanessa mentioned, knowing it was risky to imply she was there, but it was necessary to have her friend spill the truth. In almost four years of friendship she'd always struggled to have her confide, which didn't always work and it was easily explained when Jason time ago mentioned that his sister was never used to do that, if she ever confided, it was to one person only and that same person happened to be living on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean. Well, back then.