Maxon's Dream

I smiled to myself while I collapsed on bed, covering my eyes with my arm. Tonight in Halloween, I had never experience such love towards another person. However, even though America looked at me with adoring eyes, I could always feel her hesitation. I knew deep down in her heart there was still that special person. Would I be able to completely break down her walls ,and make her mine? Even though I wished her heart to be filled with only my love, I knew she needed time ,and that was I was going to give her.

But, I had to find a wife and even though I wished America would be part of my life the fact that she could change her mind about me was frightening. After tonight's party I send Natalie and Elise home. They cried and whined but I knew we would never have anything anyways. Father was not pleased with Elise gone but he couldn't do anything about it.

Kriss would be a great Princess. She was nice, calm and amicable. Celeste, however, I knew that I won't be happy with her but,  I wouldn't have a miserable life with her either. Marlee is the people's favorite, and I could tolerate her but that will be it for the rest of my life. America... she was perfect but I feared the day she will want to go back home. The confusion makes my head turn, and I pinch my nose bridge.

I get changed and tuck inside the covers wishing to go to bed peacefully. Unfortunately I keep thinking about the elite, and I toss and turn in bed several times. At last I finally go to sleep.

I woke up at some muffling sounds, and I cover the pillow on my face. I groan, and stand up for another stressful day. When I walk toward the bathroom I realize the sounds are coming from the princess' suit. I frown, and opened the door to find Celeste.

"No! I told you I wanted my dress green today!" she complains to a poor maid, and I recognize her as one of America's. What is she doing here?

"Celeste, what are you doing here?" I asked. She looks at me in a strange way.

"Is there something wrong in being in my room?" she asked in a rude way.

"Your room?" I ask but she doesn't answer.

"Maxon I need to dress up, just go," she sputters as she closes the door on my face. I want to open the door and demand for answers, but I didn't want to walk in when she was dressing up. I dress up as well and walk to the dinning hall hoping to see Celeste and ask for answers. Was I married to her? What the hell had happened? Where's America?

I get to the dinning hall and the table is only set up for one person.

"Where is Celeste?" I ask a butler. He looks at me with the same confusing eyes like Celeste's.

"Sir, the Queen never had breakfast with you."

"What? Why?" I ask.

"Well, she is always busy in the morning with her maids trying to look pretty. Sir, are you feeling all right? It's always being this way."

I feel embarrassed so I just nod. Having breakfast alone is kind of lonely and boring so I eat fast and head to the meetings. Somehow I get use to this and everything feels normal, like it had being always this way. After few tedious meeting I finally go see Celeste.

She is sitting on a couch in the ballroom pointing at stuff with her finger complaining about every single thing the staff does.

"No! No, not that color. That's horrible. How many times do I have to tell you that I don't like that type of cloth?" She hasn't even notice my presence so I coughed and she turned around. To my surprise she just looks at me for one second and turns her attention to the staff again. I feel uncomfortable so I go to her.