What the Husband Needs to Bear

Hello! New Update! Having a free day today, so I am going to write as many chapters as I can! Enjoy!

M POV

It was Sunday in the spring. The flowers in the gardens bloomed and there was a light breeze that brushed past you once in a while. We were having a relaxed weekend, enjoying a picnic outside. 

America and Marlee were going around taking pictures of each other, their bellies already notably big. 

"How you are hanging there, Your Majesty?" Carter asked, who was sitting next to me, looking at our wives with the same smile I had. 

"What do you mean, Carter?"

"Well, I am pretty sure that Her Majesty's pregnancy has created some responsibilities for us to bear."

I smiled, "Oh yes, many. Marlee as well?"

Carter rolled his eyes, "It's been... quite... interesting."

I burst out laughing, "I am afraid to say that I agree as well."

"Her mood swings have gotten worse. She cries and laughs and then gets mad. I just have to go with it."

I nodded, "Do you know what happened last week?"

__________________________________________________

It was night and I was still in my office. I checked the clock and sighed. It was going to be one of those nights that I had to work late. I have sent America a note saying that I was sorry and that I will try to be as early as possible. 

When I was done, it was already one in the morning. I rubbed my eyes and bolted out of the room, towards the King chambers. When I opened the door I expected to see my wife sleeping, but I found the bed empty. 

"America?" I called, but there was no one in the room. I moved to check the door leading to the Queen chambers and saw my wife laying down on her bed. She didn't even bother putting the covers over her.

"Dear?"

"I told you I am not your dear!" she grunted. So she was awake.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked sitting next to her on the bed. 

"Yes. I am great. My husband always never comes home to me, because he feels like work is more important that his wife."

I shook my head, "You know that's not true. It's been one day. I have been early the fast few months. I also sent you a note saying that I was sorry."

"A note," she said sarcastically. She stood up, struggling a little because of her belly. "A note! And that's it! I am mad because you didn't even bother coming up to me and saying good bye in person!"

I sighed. She was definitely mad, but since she was pregnant the only thing I could do was console her. 

I kissed her hand, "I apologize, America. It's my fault. Next time I will come and kiss you good night before I work."

She felt quiet, but suddenly she started to cry. I panicked at the sudden change of mood and hugged her. 

"I can't believe I am being so selfish. You work because you have to and I can't help you because I am freaking pregnant and.... and you did send me a note, which I loved and kept, and I just yell at you when you are tired... and-"

"Shhh," I whispered. "Hey, it's okay." She clung to my shirt, laying her head on my chest and my hands embracing her. We stayed like that for a while. 

She sniffed, "I hate being pregnant."

I smiled, "Well, I promised you it's going to be worth it and I will help you all the way."

"I know. I just feel sorry every time I overwhelm you with my feelings."

"Hey, you are not overwhelming me at all. You are carrying my child, and it's my job to support you all the way."

She snuggled closer, "I love you."

____________________________________________________________

"And there were more cases where she mad and sad, but you know I am getting used to it."

Carter laughed, "I bet it's harder for Her Majesty, since she is carrying twins. Her stomach is already very big, and is only a few months pregnant."

"I guess," I shrugged. "I do know that morning sickness and fatigue is worse for women with twins."

______________________________________________________________

The familiar sound woke me up again. I opened my eyes and saw the clock. Exactly six thirty in the morning. Our twins were very punctual with the morning sickness they gave my wife every day. 

I opened the bathroom door and saw America sitting on the floor. 

"Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked as I bent down next to her. 

She looked awful, but she nodded. "It's over, I think. Could you give me some medicine?"

I stood up and took the pill on the sink and a glass of water. I handed it to her and she took it in one swig. It seemed like she was getting used to throwing up every morning. 

"They are being specially active today," she groaned. "Look."

America guided my hand to her belly, and even though I couldn't feel anything she said they were fluttering. The doctor had told us that because they were twins she could experience intense, frequent, and early fetal movement.

"Could you play some Chopin?" she asked. 

"Sure," I said as I went out to the record player. I started to play Chopin, one of the twins most favorite music piece. America said that it helped calm the twins, which eventually calmed her. That morning, with my pregnant wife and twins waiting in her belly and music flowing in our room was how we started every day. 

_______________________________________________________________________

"Yes, Marlee has been craving very weird foods," Carter smiled as he crossed his arms. "Apparently she saw a fish in a magazine and found out it a mackerel. Then she nagged me all day to get her a mackerel. She doesn't even know how it tastes! She just saw it on a magazine and craved for it."

I laughed. 

"I will never understand pregnancy cravings," he sighed. 

"I don't think I never will, too. I don't even think our wives understand their cravings either."

"We don't understand what?" Marlee asked as she approached us, America still looking at the camera. 

"Um nothing," Carter said as he wrapped an arm around her. 

"Maxon look," America said as she sat beside me and showed me the pictures they were taking. They were posing with their hands in their bellies, America looking radiant as a mother to be. She was smiling looking at her belly, her hair swaying by the wind and the colorful flowers creating a background. 

"You look beautiful," I mused. "Definitely going to my picture board."

America giggled, "I was thinking of making a bigger one. Like those royal family portraits we have in the main hallway. But more informal and fun. Like this picture," she said as she showed me the picture of our wedding day. We were both covered in cake and laughing. "I know it may not seem proper for a royal picture to hand up in the palace, but- I mean it's our home. And I want to hang up pictures like these."

I kissed her cheek, "That sounds wonderful to me. It might be nice to look at them before I go off a meeting."

"Right?" she smiled. "I'll work on it."