Chapter 4: A night to remember

(Play music when I say so.)

Jessica's Pov:

I sighed at the boredness. The heat was killing me and I was already bored watching the people play around in the water. No one really needed us for the week, so what's the point on having us working at lifeguards?????

"Hey there Jessica."

I looked down to my left and saw Jesse. He had his rescue tube with him, meaning that it was his shift.

"Hey Jesse..." I got off the chair and Jesse took my place.

There was about an hour left before the pool closes, meaning that this was my last shift for today. All I want to do is relax before I go to dinner.

"Jessica?"

I looked at him.

"Yeah Jesse?"

"Do you have plans for tonight?"

I shook my head.

"Not really, I plan to go the dance floor to see if I can find myself a boyfriend."

He snickered and I rolled my eyes playfully.

"Well, do you want to join me for dinner?"

"Huh?"

"Do you want to join me for dinner? I got a few friends coming." 

Friends? Since when did he made new friends?

"Uh, what are their names?"

"Petra and her older brother Lukas."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, I never really met Lukas, but Petra told me a lot about him. I'll say they went through a lot two weeks ago."

I gave him a concern look.

"What happened?"

He looked at me with a frown.

"Well, Petra's boyfriends cheated on her for Lukas' girlfriend. They didn't took it that well."

I showed a sorrow look, that's so sad.

"Harsh...I feel sorry for them..."

He smiled. Although, this gave me an idea.

"So? Are you going to join us?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Sure. And Jesse?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think they would be the ones?"

Jesse only smiled with a faint pink blush before he scratched the back of his neck.

"Maybe. I don't know."

I chuckled, I just hope they are.

...

"Ready Jessica?" asked Jesse from behind the door.

"Yeah. I'm ready." 

I opened the door to the outside, I was wearing a blue jacket and pants with my shoes. I also had my red and white shirt and overalls underneath these fancy clothes for the dance floor later. Jesse is the DJ, but he asked one of the staff members to take over until he comes back to take his shift back.

I looked at Jesse, he was wearing a black blouse with brown pants. I can tell that he had his tank top and jeans hidden in there. 

Anyway, we went to meet Jesse's friends who were on waiting for us on the deck. I looked at the blond boy and I recognized him. He was the guy I bumped into last week. He was wearing a white shirt with a tie and black pants with black shoes. Then there was the girl, she must be Petra. She was wearing a black jacket with a white shirt and black pants.  She seemed so pretty, I wonder if she was Jesse's girlfriend, I doubt it. Because if Jesse did get a girlfriend, he would have told me.