Chapter 9: The news

Petra's Pov:

I still couldn't believe it, I was pregnant. I know because Jesse let me borrow his sister's pregnancy test. I would ask why she had one, but I decided not to ask. Once it was taken, I checked the results. Positive.

Don't get me wrong, I do want to be a mother, but I never expected to become one so soon. At least I wasn't raped. Jesse and I planned on telling our friends about this, but not now. Jesse was doing his shift and I was on my room. I really wish I can tell everyone, but I can't do this alone. I wonder how Jessica and Lukas would react, especially Axel and Olivia. Knowing Lukas, he will probably be worried, but happy if I convince that everything will be alright. As for Jesse's sister, she might kill Jesse, along with Axel I believe. As for Olivia, she would start on arguing about what was I thinking. Either way, we still need to tell them because we can't hide it from them forever. And hopefully they understand that Jesse will take total responsibility.

Right now I was just waiting for Jesse's shift to be over, but the thing is that it barely started. I decided to just go to Jesse and wait for his shift to be over. Jesse and I are going to tell my friends first, then Jessica when her shift is over. I opened the door to go outside and closed it behind me. I went to the pool and saw Jesse sitting on the life guard seat with the rescue tube on his lap and his chin resting on the knuckles of his hands with his eyes half close, clearly looking bored, as usual. I giggled at this and went near him.

"Hey Jesse." He turned to me and smiled.

"Hey Petra." He smiled sweetly at me and looks back at the pool as I leaned on the chair.

I saw everyone playing, chatting and enjoying themselves in and out of the pool. I can clearly see why Jesse and Jessica easily got bored, despite the fact that they told me. I jumped a little when I heard Jesse blow the whistle, me and the other people in and out of the pool looked at Jesse. Jesse pointed at a group of kids that were running and were about to dive on the pool. That made everyone stare at the kids with curiously.

"No running and diving in the pool!" He yelled

The kids slowly nodded and walked slowly and jumped on the pool. Once that was clear, every went back to their own business. I giggled at this which made Jesse chuckle. I almost forgotten about the situation.

Almost.

...

After an hour or so, Jesse's shift ended and Jessica came in to take it. Once Jesse was out of that chair, he went to his room quickly so he can put away the rescue tube for now. Axel and Olivia were sun tanning again as Lukas was next to Jessica as usual. I pulled Lukas out of there and pulled him where Axel and Olivia were. They were quite confused and were staring at us for answers. 

"Look. I'm sorry we had to drag you all into this, but we need to tell you guys something." Jesse said.

"What is it?" Asked Olivia worriedly

"And why isn't Jessica with us?" Asked Lukas.

"As much as you want to suck your girlfriend Lukas, she can't come because of her shift. If she leaves her shift then something bad will happen which will get her in a lot of trouble!" I snapped as we heard a whistle being blown.

We turned to see Jessica yelling at a couple of teenagers not to fight before anybody else gets hurt.

"Just like right now." Sighed Jesse.

"Well what's the problem?" Asked Olivia.

Me and Jesse looked at each other before we looked at them.

"Guys... I'm pregnant."