02

"Hey boo. How you doing today?" Eden asks me when we meet up on our break.

"Good. You?" I ask back.

"I'm good.  I do want to apologize about yesterday, though. For hounding you about Messiah." Eden says, opening the Chick-fil-A bag I got him.

At just the mention of his name, my stomach starts flipping.

"I actually have something to tell you." I say, while eating one of my waffle fries. "I'm going to go visit him on Saturday."

Eden looks at me and continues to eat his chicken sandwich.

"Eden, I just wanna break things off in person. That's all." I say.

"Do whatever you want, Jussie." Eden says, being salty as fuck.

"I'm not like you, Eden. I can't just turn off my love for him." I say.

"What about the other girl?" Eden says. "Is he ready for y'all relationship to be in the open, yet?"

"I don't know." I answer.

"Then, I don't like it. Not until he treats you right and how you deserve." Eden says.

Messiah River and I had been together for 3 years. I love him and I know he loves me. But he was still on the down low. But, Messiah wasn't your average guy. The River family name spoke volumes in California. It was no secret Messiah's dad was in the drug business and ran the west coast. And, I know Messiah was next in line to get the business.

6 months ago, Messiah's dad got caught up in some drug charges and Messiah took the blame for him. At Messiah's hearing is when I found out he had a girlfriend that he introduced to his family and everything. When, I have been in the dark for the past 3 years.

He went to jail and I tried to break it off with him. But Messiah River will always have some type of hold over me.

"Can you drive with me up there? For moral support." I ask Eden.

"Sure, Juss. I'll go with you, even though I know you won't break it off with him." Eden says.

I hoped I would.