04

Today was the day.

Messiah was coming home. Finally!

I wanted to be the one to go and get him from the prison but he said his family was coming. I also saw on his sister's Instagram that they were throwing him a coming home party. So, I probably wouldn't be able to see him until tomorrow or the day after.

Right now, I was sitting on the couch in my apartment with Eden and his brother Caden. I was waiting on Messiah to get his phone back so he could text me.

"So, tell me why this girl snapchatted me and asked me who the guy was in my story, because it looked like her man! I said bitch this my brother." Eden says, making me bust out laughing.

"Who asked that?" Caden asks, while sucking his teeth.

"Some girl." Eden says, rolling his eyes. "Bitches wanna have a problem with me so bad."

"So, when is he coming to see you?" Eden asks me. I immediately know he's referring to Messiah.

"I'm not sure, yet. Possibly tomorrow." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"I said it once and I'm going to say it again. If he ain't man enough to be public about his sexuality, then he ain't ready to be in a relationship. Simple as that." Caden says.

"I totally agree." Eden comments.

I roll my eyes at them and look at my phone. I knew they didn't approve of my relationship with Messiah. But not everyone's family isn't as caring as Eden's and mine. Our families accepted us when we came out. Messiah's dad is all about carrying on the family name so, being gay was definitely not an option.

"It's not going to be much longer before we tell everybody." I reassure them, but more myself. Honestly, I didn't know when Messiah was going to come out. He always said it was complicated and was better if we kept it a secret.

"Who is he again?" Caden tried to, slyly.

"Not telling you." I say.

"Come on, tell me who he is. I'm not going to out him." Caden pleads.

The only person that knew about me and Messiah was Eden. And that was only because he walked in on us in my apartment one time. Messiah was freaking out but I told him that Eden would keep his secret.

"Where's your girlfriend?" I say, trying to change the subject.

"Out spending my money, probably." Caden complains.

"Can y'all hush? I'm trying to watch Bad Girls Club." Eden says. Me and Caden look at each other and roll our eyes, but don't say anything.

I unlock my iPhone 6s Plus and go to the Twitter app. I go onto Messiah's little sister, Kalani, Twitter page. She was tweeting about how happy she was that her brother was home and how lit the party was going to be tonight. She was telling everyone to come and see her brother. And the party started at 9:30 and the theme was all white.

Looking at the clock on the phone, it was 8:00.

I could wait until tomorrow to see him or see him tonight.

Yeah, tonight. I'll just go and be discreet. Maybe say hi in passing or just wave from a distance.

I exited out of the Twitter app and pulled up my Messages.

To: Eden

I'm going to Messiah's home coming party. Come with me please?

I pressed send and hoped Eden didn't ask me why I was texting him when we were in the same room. I didn't want Caden to know.