06

Messiah picked me up and we made our way to the condo we have when we want to get away. We rode in Messiah's truck and listened to my Spotify that was connected to the AUX.

"How are your parents doing?" I ask to make conversation.

"They good. My mom went to New York to stay with my aunt for a while. I'm not sure when she's coming back though." Messiah says, shaking his head.

"Why did she leave?" I ask.

"She caught my dad foolin' around with some young chick." Messiah says, laughing to himself.

"Doesn't that bother you? That your parents cheat on each other." I ask.

My parents have been together for 30 years. I don't know how I would be able to handle one of them cheating, on each other.

"My mom don't cheat on my dad. She faithful as fuck. Even after all these years." Messiah says, shrugging. "But she won't leave him. It's always been like this. I can't make her leave him."

Messiah turns up the music which I guess means he doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

I lay my head on the window and let sleep overcome me.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Juss, wake up. We here." Messiah says, nudging me awake.

I get up and get out of the truck. I walk to the back of the truck and grab my bag and Messiah grabs his.

"I had the fridge stocked already so, whenever you wanna cook, you can." Messiah says, unlocking the door.

I look back at him, with my eyebrows raised

"Boy, I'm tired. You might have to order in tonight." I say, turning and walking to the bedroom.

"Hell naw!" Messiah yells, making me burst out laughing.

Messiah bought us this condo 2 years ago and I wish I could live here all the time. I didn't have to pack a lot of clothes because majority of my beach clothes were already here.

"You forreal?"Messiah says as he walks into the room.

I suck my teeth. "No, Messiah. I'll cook something. Probably some shrimp Alfredo. Don't whine."

"Oh ok, had me scared there for a minute. I'm about to go outside and surf a little." Messiah says, pulling on swim trunks.

I nod my head. "Yeah, I'm going to make dinner."

Messiah leaves and I go to the kitchen. I wasn't like some type of chef or anything. I could only make about 5 things and I make them so much that I've gotten really good at it.

When I am done, I set up the food outside on the patio that leads out to the beach.

"This is good, baby

"This is good, baby." Messiah says after he's sat down and taken the first bite.

"Thank you." I answer and begin to eat my food.

!RING! !RING! !RING! !RING! !RING! !RING! !RING! !RING! !RING! !RING! !RING! !RING! !RING!

"Who the fuck is ringing my doorbell like that?" Messiah says, putting his fork down.

Whoever it was just kept ringing the doorbell and then banging on the front door. The fuck?

Messiah and I walk into the house and to the front door. Messiah reaches into the drawer beside the front door and pulls out a gun.

"Messiah, what the fuck?" I say, at the sight of a gun.

"Stand back and get to the side." Messiah says. I stand back and move so, I'm not in the way of the door.

Messiah swings open the door and points his gun at whoever it is.

"Get that mothafuckin gun out of my fuckin face!" A girl voice yells.

"What fuck are you doing here?" Messiah yells.

"What bitch you got in here, Messiah? Huh?" The girl yells. "Where the bitch at!? Tell her to come out here!"

What the fuck? Who the hell was that? I move from behind the door to see who it is. It's the girl, Zen. What was she doing here? How did she know we were here?

 What was she doing here? How did she know we were here?

Zen looks at me and her mouth goes in the shape of an O.

"You got a nigga up here?!" Zen yells.

"Zen, go the fuck on! How the hell did you even know I was here?!" Messiah yells back.

I just stand there looking dumbfounded as hell.

"You in here fucking a nigga?" Zen says, putting her hand over her mouth.

"Zen, you better get out of here, before I beat your ass." Messiah says, standing over her.

"I'm not leaving. I'm about to beat this faggots ass!" Zen yells, trying to force her way into the house.

I immediately back up, letting Messiah stand in the front of me.

"Leave!" Messiah shouts.

"If I leave, the first thing I'm doing is telling your family!" Zen yells, with a fire in her eyes.

Messiah pauses at that and looks at her, to see if she's bluffing. I guess he sees that she isn't and sighs.

"What do you want?" Messiah says.

"I'll forget all about this, if you come back with me." Zen says, smirking.

"What?" I say, speaking for the first time.

"Tell your bitch to shut up, Messiah." Zen warns.

Bitch? I was never the type to go back and forth with a female but this girl here.......

"First of all, look –" I start.

"Jussie, just chill, ok?" Messiah says. He opens the door and steps outside with Zen. "I'll be right back."

Then he closes the door and I hear him and Zen talking.

I stand there in disbelief. She was going to blackmail Messiah into leaving me!

The door opens and Messiah comes back in, rushing around the condo. He's getting his stuff and talking at the same time.

"I'm going to leave with her. Here's the keys to the car and condo. I'll call you, soon." I open my mouth to speak but Messiah interrupts me. "Don't argue. For now, I have to go along with this. I would have killed her but she said her sister knew she was coming."

I wasn't an idiot. I knew Messiah worked for his dad and that involved illegal things. But I chose to be ignorant of the fact.

"Ok, Messiah, but call me soon." I say. Messiah closes the front door and soon I hear a car start up and drive away.