+Four+

Alie's POV

I walked in the apartment and heard laughing from inside the living room.

"No, she really did!"

"My Alie wouldn't do that!"

I turned the corner and saw my mom and her new husband sitting on the couch. I dropped my bag and Jack looked up at me.

"Alie, when did you get back?"

"Why is she here?"

I gestured at the bitch I used to call mom.

"I called her here."

"Why?"

"Jack thinks you need help, honey."

My "mom" stood up and placed an arm around Jack's shoulder.

"So, what, now your screwing him too?"

"Alie, it's not like that. I just called her here so that we could talk about you."

"Did you even pause for just a second to think about how I feel right now, Jack?! You have no fucking idea what she has put me through and I don't think she is going to tell you because she will only tell you the part of the story she wants you to hear, like always! "

"Watch your language, Alison! Look, I think Jack was just trying to help, honey. I know that I have made some mistakes but I'm still your mom and I love you."

"Well I don't love you, so you can leave."

I looked at Jack and he gave me a small smile which I ignored and stormed into my room, not caring what Jack or my "mom" thought about it.

Jack's POV

Alie left the room and I stood there awkwardly for a few seconds before turning to Alie's mom and step-dad.

"I think you guys should go. I'm sorry for her; she has been acting really weird lately."

"Look, Jack, if you want to change her, don't try. She has been like this for as long as I can remember and I don't think she will change."

I gave her a small smile and they both walked out of the door. I sighed and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a shot from the counter and letting it slide down my throat, before walking to Alie's room and knocking on the door.

Silence.

"Alie?"

Silence.

I opened the door and heard the shower running in the bathroom.

"Alie?"

The shower turned off and I heard Alie humming. The door opened and I looked up. Alie looked back and gave me a weak smile.

"I'm going to let you get dressed."

"Will you stay?"

I looked at her and she smiled before grabbing her clothes and walking back into the bathroom. She walked out a few minutes later in sweats and a t-shirt, attempting to dry her hair with a wet towel.

"You have to use a dry towel to dry your hair. The wet towel doesn't help."

She laughed and sat down on the bed next to me.

"I'm sorry I freaked out. She just- I haven't seen her since I was little and I just flipped out about it but I took-

I softly planted my lips on hers and smiled into the kiss. I pulled away and Alie looked down.