Denied

Daniel POV

Hope is really starting to open up to Luka and Lena. I was really happy for that. I want her to be able to talk comfortably and socialize with other people. She is after all Luna of this pack even though she may not be fully aware of that yet. I have no idea how she is even going to react to that. Well that is not something that is really important right now. I need to focus on getting Hope better and finding those hunters and putting a stop to their plan.

Hope hasn't said much else about this Master bastard. I really don't want to push her but time is running out and we don't even know how much time we even have in the first place.

"Daniel?"

I was pulled out of my deep thoughts by Hope's quiet voice. She talks a little more to me but the strength of her voice is still weak. I'm guessing it will take a lot more time for her throat to heal or maybe she doesn't feel comfortable talking which is completely understandable.

"What's wrong?"

She stepped in slowly into my office. She was wrapped up in a thick shawl over her shoulders. I could tell by the way her hands were clenching the shawl she was hesitant about whatever she wanted to ask me. I reached out my hand to her and waited till she grabbed it then pulled her gently so she stood in between my legs.

"You can ask me anything. It doesn't matter what it is. You can always come talk to me."

"I wa-want.."

She started pulling her hands out of my grasp but I held firm. I wasn't going to let her back out.

"It's alright. Just tell me please."

"Outside."

She wanted to go outside? I guess it makes sense since I've been keeping her cooped up indoors for so long. But she is just recovering from a fever. I wasn't sure this was the best move for her.

"I'm so sorry but I can't let you go outside."

She looked so disappointed. It was really breaking my heart to deny her anything but I can't but her health at risk. I stood up and puller her into a hug.

"It's very cold out today and I don't want you getting sick again."

I felt her press her forehead against my chest and one of her hands grip my shirt. Did I make a mistake in denying her. She never really asks me for anything not even to eat. The one time she makes a request and I say no. I feel like a crappy mate.

I look down at Hope who still hasn't moved or said anything. What is she thinking?

Hope POV

It took a lot of courage for me to ask Daniel to let me go outside. I didn't want to bother him anymore than I already have but I really want to go outside. I miss the smell of the trees.

See? How he keeps you locked inside! He doesn't care about your health at all. He just doesn't want you to runaway. He is going to hurt. He wants to make you better so he can hurt you even more. You escaped my cage only to find yourself in another!

I gripped my hands tighter on Daniel's shirt. I was using his presence to ground myself from Master's voice in my head. He can't be saving the truth. Daniel would never hurt me, right?

"Pl-ease." I whispered.

He looked down at me for a few seconds then sighed quietly.

"Okay. We'll go out in front of the house. You have to promise me that you'll try to eat something when we come back in. I know you didn't finish your lunch."

Just as I was about to nod my head in agreement. There was a knock at the door. We both turned to see Luka standing at the doorway with an apologetic look on his face.

"I'm sorry to interrupt but we need you Daniel at the training field."

"What happened, Luka?"

"Marlowe is losing control of his wolf. We tried to calm him down but It's not working."

"Damn. Okay, let's go."

Daniel looked down at me regretfully.

"I'm sorry. I have to go sort this out now. I don't know how long this will take."

"But out-outside?"

"I promise I'll take you out tomorrow okay? I'm so sorry."

Luka interrupted before I could say anything.

"Lena will be over in about an hour to keep you company, alright?"

I nodded my head silently as Daniel and Luka rushed out of the office leaving me alone.

What did I tell you, bitch!