Hunter

Daniel POV

The weight of what Jacques said to me finally hits me. Hunters are werewolves' greatest threat. Their just humans that know of our existence and want to wipe us off the face of the planet. They have all kinds of weapons to kill us. Now they are developing Lupania as a weapon, they could kill off our females then our race would eventually go extinct. This is bad.

I pulled out my phone and dialed Luka's number.

"We have a problem. Meet me in my office in 5 minutes." My alpha voice was leaking out so he definitely knows this is serious.

I looked over at my sleeping mate. Without her we would have perished. She truly is symbol of hope not just for me but for all werewolves. It just pains me this information comes at the cost of her health.

I look over to Jacques.

"Give her the cure. I don't want anyone beside you and me coming into this room. I'm going back to my house. I need to have a meeting with Luka. Call me if anything and I mean anything happens. Don't tell anyone about this. Is that clear?"

"Yes, alpha!"

I nodded to him and looked once more at Hope and left the room.

When I reached my office Luka was already waiting for me.

"Daniel, what's going on? How's Hope? Please tell me she is alright."

Since Hope is my mate and future Luna, all the wolves in the pack would feel protective over her. So his concern is only natural.

I let out a deep sigh and sat on my chair behind the desk. I told him everything that happened in the last 6 hours. Needless to say he was speechless.

"What are we going to do?"

"We have to wait until Hope wakes up so she can tell us where she was being...held."

I felt pure white hot rage just thinking about the fucking hunters that have been messing with my mate. Luka also let out a deep growl.

"For now, bring me maps of the surrounding territories. The hunters must have a base not too far from here. Hope couldn't have traveled far in the condition she was in when I found her."

"Yes, Alpha."

"I'm going to call up the surrounding alphas and tell them to keep their females out of the forest. Tell everybody that females must always be accompanied by their mates in the forest or with other males no exceptions. Double the patrol and nobody is to know except Lena if you want to tell her."

"Yes, alpha."

"Good. You're dismissed."

I quickly made the necessary calls and studied the maps but couldn't pinpoint a possible location for the Hunter's base. Where the hell are they?

A small voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Daddy?"

I looked towards the door to see Blake peeking his head inside. I sent him a smile and waved him inside. He ran over to me and hopped on my lap.

"What's up little man?"

"I'm not little! Auntie Lena said I was a big boy."

I chuckled and patted his head.

"Daddy where's mommy? I went to your room but she wasn't there. D-Did she leave? Is it because of me?"

He started to tear up.