Love Evermore

Authors note: Here it is Sequal to Thranduil heartless obsession  pertaining to Legolas. Here's first chapter.

Strange siren

Legolas followed his dwarf friend into the human pub and inn. It was somewhere near the dwarf kingdom of the iron hills. Gimli had invited him to visit his kin and travel a while. It had been a few weeks since he had left gondor.

They had decided to leave the anniversary celebration of the victory of the ring war. They didn't need to celebrate it. They just wanted to celebrate life and friendship. Too long had they sorrowed with no hope.

He did find himself thinking of Aven a lot. His father and new mother were on his mind now. It wasn't strange to think of Loriel as a mother. She had always taken the caretaker role during the quest. Flying ahead to scout. Putting her self on the front lines. She was good for his father and himself even. Their home was no longer cold and distant. It was warm and welcoming.

The human dwelling was busy. He noted farmers enjoying ales after a hard days work. Rough looking men passing through their eyes restless. Then the village drunkards and men drinking to forget. Then their was loose women here and there.

He noted one woman serving drinks she didn't put off the air as being loose. She was by far the most beautiful woman here. Hair as dark as onxy stone and grey eyes. She reminded him of an elf she almost seemed to shine with an inner light.

Cat like features, high cheek bones, big exotic looking eyes, full lips and a pert nose. She was breath taking truly. She noted him as she moved about and yet she looked dead inside. That look of utter hopelessness was heart wrenching.

"Gentlemen please follow me." she motioned him and Gimli toward a table. "What would you like to order?" she asked.

"For me lassie I will take an ale. The same for the laddie here I think. And if you have any stew that would be lovely." Gimli said.

"I will be right back with that." she moved gracefully through the crowd. He noted a middle aged heavy set human man grab her arm harshly. The exchange looked harsh from the males side and fearful from the ladies.

"That isn't good. The lassie is scared of the man."

"She is and yet she is still here. I wonder what keeps her." he wondered.

"Perhaps I can ask around. It surprises me that you are so curious about the girl laddie." Gimli grinned brightly through his beard.

"It is just curiosity my friend." he nudged the dwarf.

*************★***************

Elaine readied the stew and ales and handed them to a serving girl. She glared at Gorands head. Her step father was a monster. He hated her as well. He wanted her away from the elf. Few elves passed through here. When they did he was cautious in showing her to them.

No elf had saved her yet from this hell. No man in the village stopped the monstrosity that went on. Her mother had been beaten to death. She was raped almost nightly by her step father. Her child was kept from her. Everyone knew what went on and yet no one would do anything.

She was half elf and for that she was outcasted. Because her mother had chosen to betray her husband and lay down with and elf she was tortured daily by her mothers husband. She in a way hates her mother for being so callous. Her elf father as well for his carelessness.

Only an Elven pendant was all she had from him. Besides the few thread bare dresses and shawls it was all she had in this world.

'And Trist you have him too.'

She kept the fire going and washed clothes in the back for the guests. She took a load of towles up to the rooms. She noted the elf sitting at the table eating and the dwarf conversing with a group of farmers.

'such strange friends. Elves and dwarves don't get along. They are also completely different. one quite ln loud.' she shook her head at the conundrum.

She placed towles outside the doors of occupied rooms. She placed them by the wash basin in unoccupied rooms. She made sure all was in order then went back to.the kitchen.

She sorted her herbs and Hume's to herself. She let her mind link with the oak she had befriended as a child. It told her of her sons well being. She asked it to grow out its limb a little more toward the window. So that perchance she may be able to free him one day.

She always sent the serving girls to dump water there and she made sure to lace it with sugar for her friend. No one was the wiser. Soon the truce of her staying here to keep her son safe would fall apart. She knew this well.

Gorands slaver friend who was known for liking young boys had been asking about Tristan. If he broke down and sold her son she would slit his throat while he slept. He wouldn't get off so easily. The slaver wouldn't get much better.

"Bitch get in there the elf is asking for singing!" Gorands slurred voice yelled from the doorway. She moved toward the door to go out and do as she was told but he grabbed her arm in a bruising grip.

"Keep those elf ears hidden bitch. Cause any trouble and I will make you wish you were never born." he growled in her ear.

'Don't see how that's any different'

"I understand" she hates that her voice broke.