Chapter 6

Authors note: thanks for the support guys. I know I have been slow to update and I'm sorry about that.

Quite musings

She crouched atop a branch with her son the others far below. She pointed out to him the constellations. She had found old scrolls her father had left. She couldn't read them but the pictures told her of star movements and constellations. She could now teach it to her son.

She was surprised to feel a new presense behind her. She turned smiling shyly at Legolas. He had confused her many times today. Asking if he could help and then she saying no had.made her feel worse than if she had actually accepted his offer. She didn't want to feel beholdened to anyone and yet.he made her feel bad about refusing his help.

"You know star constellations?" he asked.

"Only a little." she said "Tying to teach Trist a little of what I know" she furthur explained.

"Do you know the legends Bennett such constellations?" he asked sitting cross legged bidding ten to follow suit.

When both mother and son were settled and had told him to continue he did so. Elaine noted he was as good as any storyteller. Tristan as riveted and so was she.

The night sounds disappeared as did the quite conversation going on below.Only Legolas and his undualting tones and words existed. He was extremely intriguing to Elaine.

**************★**************

Legolas stopped when quite snores came from the young ellon.  He Saw that Elaine's attention was on her son for a moment before her stormy eyes meet his.

"You must be tired I will help you bring him down and I will eave you to your rest Lady." he said standing.

"Can you tell me of your home? What has a life such as yours been like?" she asked.

He smiled glad to continue their conversation.To have those eyes on him. To see her supple mind work. To see the long line of her neck. The moonlight made her inner light resonant outward. She was not some common elf. She had the makings of an eldar as she aged.

He told her of Mirkwood and his youth. He told he of the ring war. He even told of Loriel and her place among his family.

"The lady fought? Amazing she is a surely great lady." she said.

He nodded and continued to nonsense stories. Like the time he stole his fathers horse. Or how he and Gimli competed in the battles. She laughed a few times and he treasured those moments.

*************★***************

Thranduil looked up and smiled at seeing his son happy. He was worried the lady would never open to his son and lead him on. She was slowly opening little by little though. It was a wondorous thing to see. A broken spirit finding strength to smile. Her son was quick witted as well. The lad was a handful and eager to learn.

He would make a good playmate for Aven.

'oh these quite musings in the night.' he thought ruefully.

He stood and followed his mate toward the smolders stream nearby.