What Happened to My Coffin!?

It was the dark of night in the streets of London, and everyone was in bed.

Well.....Everyone who didn't sleep in the daytime, certainly.

The girl was bouncing from roof to roof, bridging street-wide gaps between buildings as if she were playing hopscotch. Her black hair was curled into an elaborate domed bun, and her petite and elegant form was housed in a black off-the-shoulders lace dress reminiscent of the Victorian era. A black diadem was the only jewelry to adorn her, and her wrists and ankles were ringed with lace cuffs.

Seeing perfectly well into the night with her eyes, she scoured the land below for a meal. Any human who looked at them at the moment would conclude at first that she wore contacts, for who had such pale blue eyes with the whites as black as the pupil?

Estelle (that was what she decided on after a century or two of being nameless) was not really hungry, but she was a fastidious hunter who knew the value of keeping her claws sharp all the time. She eyed a boy that would make for good dinner, then scanned the area for anyone who would dare to interrupt.

England, with the city of London in particular, was popular among the vampires for its lack of sun. There was also Washington state in the United States, but ever since those Twilight books were written, Forks was absolutely crowded with tourists. And she had liked the place, too.

It was also one of the reasons why she hated being around other vampires. Too many took pride in their age and used it to push the younger ones around, when really, what defined a vampire best was their strength. Estelle could've beaten half of them into guano, and not even have to lift a finger to do it.

It had been an avdantage from being isolated for most of her youth. The Noth Pole wasn't the ideal place for a vampire childhood, but she hadn't complained. The walruses were especially delicious.

Not being one to waste food, she abandoned the hunt after stalking him for a while, going back to her flat to get to her coffin. But before that....

The vampire logged on to her computer, looking at the latest chapter of Kuroshitsuji. Oh, how did she survive the centuries without this? Toboso Yana was a genius to have thought it out! It made the girl wish the Faustians were still around, but they had been recalled to Hell for several different reasons, so they hadn't been preying on anyone since WWII. Less competition for the vampires, certainly.

Estelle particularly loved Sebastian Michaelis; that demon would have made an excellent Death Dealer. His love of cats also brought her estimation of him through the roof; not that she wasn't a fangirl from the get-go.

Ah, if only I were in the manga, she thought to herself dreamily. The vampire had always regretted being unable to experience the Victorian era, a wonderful time when the demons were not as rare as they were now. The battle experience she could have garnered! It was common knowledge in her world that Victorian-era vampires were chiefly one of the strongest of their kind with few exceptions. Sadly, she had been hunting explorers in the Artic for all that time.

Shutting off her monitor as she sensed the coming of sunrise, Estelle returned to her beautiful velvet-lined coffin. Settling in with a sigh, the vampire barely noticed the slight shake of the walls as she closed her eyes.

And awoke in someone else's coffin!