Questionable Tactics

"Actually, I prefer chai...."

Estelle sighed as the two Hindu boys began to make themselves at home in the townhouse, ignoring all of Ciel's protests. The other three were already busy admiring Prince Soma's status to care much about Sebastian's evil eye, and it was unlike the vampire's personality to do something futile.

And so it was that Soma and Agni resided in the house.

Truthfully, the white-haired man was a god-send; no way was she going to be put on garden duty again. On the other hand, his luggage was basically useless until a few days from now, the curry contest. The girl huffed as she braided and coiled her hair up for the day. She couldn't wait.

Tracking to the minute the moment the demon butler climbed down the stairs as she went, Estelle was lucky enough to see his flabbergasted expression when he saw the Hindu in the kitchen. Uninhibited by shock, she happily greeted Agni and praised him for all the chores done that Bard, Finny, and Mei-Rin would've flubbed within seconds of each other.

The man blushed terribly like he did before, and stuttered, "M-Miss, I-I-I am very honored by your kind words." Feeling inwardly bad at how she affected him so drastically, the vampire quickly excused herself.

Appearance was never really any problem to Estelle before; in fact, she often used it to her advantage. But Agni was one of her favorite characters, and the girl had looked forward to a nice conversation with him about their various culinary experiences. It was not her plan at all to reduce him to embarrassed putty if she so much as looked at him all the time. She really hoped he'd get himself together soon enough.

The vampire escaped to the garden after doing all of her chores, listening absentmindedly at the chaos Soma caused to Ciel's otherwise orderly schedule. Her thoughts were more concerned with the upcoming Hunter's Season, and whether blood kin would actually be there as she so boldly claimed to Sebastian.

Before hunting, Estelle had always inquired about the state of the vampire affairs until she knew it as well as her own. It was almost like home, except they were more suspicious of each other. Apparently, newborns from all over Europe had been battling with their sires over territory, but all such things would be suspended until the Season ends, or the whole bloodline of the offending vampire would be eliminated. And since it was an edict by the Elders since their elevation into that status, everyone knew that Lord Cain would not hesitate. Only problem about the incoming state of affairs was: was Estelle going to be the only female of her family in England's celebration?

Vampire females were rare among their kind, but a woman with a rare bloodline was going to basically seal her matrimonial fate. No matter how dull she may be, no male could resist her. Or, more accurately, the various boons that could be granted with a blue-blooded mate.

And if she did have vampiric relatives, what on Earth was she going to say to them? Because of mutual caution, Estelle did not think she would have to spend more than a few moments in their company exchanging pleasantries, but moments were all it took to confirm it. If they didn't recognize her, she would be doomed.

The vampire's worried thoughts were broken by the rush of feet to the armory, and she smiled to herself. Seemed that her long-awaited entertainment was about to commence.

Since daylight was beginning to irritate her terribly, Estelle rushed indoors with her vampiric speed. Once sure that her route was not going to pass through any stray sunbeams from the window, she slowed to a human pace to make sure that the really fun part was about to begin once she entered.

As she neared the door, the vampire heard the little competitive dialogue between the two little brats. The vampire opened the door in time to see each butler proclaim his determination to win the little 'duel', and smiled indulgently as if they were all children.

"You better not stain those swords with blood, Sebastian," she called out with a tone as sweet as sugar while walking to the spectators' side. "I am not going to clean them."

Though no one but the demon butler actually detected the double meaning in her voice, a shudder all erupted down their spines once the concluding sentence was declared. The crimson-eyed man simply bowed respectfully to her before starting the match.

At first, everything went a little too fast for the humans to see. Only she and Ciel knew what that demon was capable of, so imagine the young master's surprise at how the Bengali prince's khana-sama equaled his butler. The vampire inwardly reveled in the blue-eyed boy's glee; he needed a surprise once in a while to keep him on his toes. It would not do for him to get lazy by the end of this whole thing.

And then, both snapped the delicate rapiers that Estelle had spent so much time selecting and ordering with such care. She loved weapons almost as much as she loved her lost coffin (sniffle)and being what she was. The girl really had no regrets when she chose to abandon her human life.

Lip twitching in an expressive scowl, she marched off just as she shot out, "You are replacing those!" It was such a waste of beautifully crafted metal.

Agni, concerned for her, ran out with the intention to apologize for destroying the swords, but was astounded to find that the beautiful lady was gone. There was absolutely no sign that she had just walked out barely minutes ago, even though the nearest turn was a walk away. It unsettled him.

Sebastian was still in some shock after the outcome of the match, holding the broken blade in his gloved hand. He sensed her presence disappear from the hallway the moment she walked out, and was no doubt sulking about the damage done to her personally collected French swords. Perhaps he could make her a chocolate fondant once she had her nightly meal to make up for it.

If she would be back that night at all.