The First Victim

It was quite a bit of a pause before Irene and Georg made that horrifically loud scene. Estelle and the other vampires cringed slightly as their enhanced hearing caught the screech in the opera singer's voice as she admonished the intoxicated banker.

Another thing against the German was the fact that he was a terrible drunk. He really didn't have the instincts to back off, so he tried to get back by splashing her all over with his beer.

Luckily for the woman, Ciel took the cold drink.

"Earl!" everyone gasped. The boy's voice was unable to take a proper cutting tone, but he did manage to sound almost unbelievably mature.

"This is a dining hall," he said. "In any case, that will be enough from the two of you today."

At least even a drunk managed to look sheepish. Ran-Mao was looking quite expectantly at her, so she humored the body guard and began to move with subtlety in her direction. Making sure to avoid being in the way of the next little altercation.

Mr. Keane  boiled with rage. "You old pervert!" he exploded. "Don't touch my woman so..." at this point he had grabbed a wine bottle, "easily!" And he chucked it (with good aim) at the guest of honor.

Lord Cain and Francis moved to intercept, when Estelle stopped them. "Let the demon handle it," she murmured in their direction, too low for humans to hear. With concerned nods, they let it fly.

Sebastian executed a perfect flip over the man and grabbed the bottle before it could injure its target. In quick succession, he scaled the small ladder, popped the cork, and poured it into the glass pyramid. It was a perfect arrangement; by the time the bottle ran out, all the glasses were perfectly filled. Most of the guests stared in amazement.

"It's a fantastic wine from the village of Purcari in south-eastern Moldova," the butler explained, as if nothing went wrong just five seconds ago. "Ladies and gentlemen, please enjoy it."

The two vampire men perked up at the mention of Moldova: Lord Cain because he journeyed there many times in the years past, and Francis because he was born there nearly five centuries ago. Estelle rather liked how the liquid glowed under the light of the chandelier.

"Beautiful!" she exclaimed. "It looks like a Christmas tree."

"When did it...?" someone asked incredulously.

"Moreover, this smell..." the German added, "It's like being in a flower garden." Since he could not smell the underlying alcohol like the vampires, it seemed an apt enough description.

"That smells good!" Earl Grey declared. "Give me one will you~?" Immediately, the others asked for their own glass. The servants all pitched in, carrying trays (without tripping; quite miraculous) over to the guests after the other bottles were opened. Grey carried more than one glass around as often as he could, making Estelle giggle. Noticing her for the first time since the introduction, the man started a conversation with her about their various territories and their respective monarchs.

It eventually dissolved into a bit of excess merrymaking, led by no other than the offender just that earlier night. Estelle and the other vampires hung back from the others, speaking to each other in low voices.

"Anyone to have caught your eyes, Lord Cain?" the vampiress asked teasingly.

"Earl Grey. And not because he might make a good Death Dealer, though he has that going for him," the silver-haired Elder replied. "So you noticed too? How he keeps a good eye on anyone he considers a threat," Estelle returned from behind her fan. "Even the servants." Both men nodded.

"Hmmm, this may turn out to be an interesting night."

_***_

"Oh? It seems that Master Siemens has fallen asleep," Ciel finally declared.

"Seems like it," Mr. Phelps concurred. "Sebastian, take the Lord to his room. I'll retire too." At the young master's order, the demon butler hoisted him up and made to trek upstairs. "I'm very sorry, but I'll excuse myself as well," Ciel said.

"The Earl is going to sleep already?" Lau asked. "For a child such as myself, it's already bedtime. Please relax yourselves." And the two went off to the bedrooms.

Estelle decided to relax a little bit with Ran-Mao in a small corner of the room where they could be assumed to talk about lady-like topics. As soon as no one could tell what exactly they were doing, the two began to exchange affections again. They could only go with small kisses and nibbles if they were sure no one paid attention, but they took what they could get. For her part, Ran-Mao didn't mind in the least.

They enjoyed themselves for about two hours. The men were playing billiards, Irene simply watching the men and wondering what Estelle and Lau's companion were doing. She was only vaguely aware of the vampiress' preferences, enough not to pry.

A man's scream shattered the thunderstorm, followed by yells from Sebastian and Mey-Rin. With one last kiss, the two women went upstairs with everyone else to see what the ruckus was about.

"Let's break open the door," Sebastian suggested, and roundhouse-kicked it open.

There, to the horror of everyone, was the body of Mr. Georg Von Siemens.

Irene Diaz's scream nearly burst the vampires' eardrums, and the young Mr. Phelps had no choice but to faint. Mr. Woodley caught him just in time, as the Wordsmith dashed forward to indeed confirm the death. The vampires did not need to; they could smell what they were looking for.

"He's dead!!" the freelance writer exclaimed.

~

A.N: SO? How is it? How is it? Comment!

Red Hot Hell (a Kuroshitsuji fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara